𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Did anyone ask y'all thou-" DJ turned around looking at them

"Here y'all go. About to make us have to run a lap." Taylor sighed. He was the maturest player I had on the team.

He was right, they were gonna have to run a lap. "Go ahead and run it. Just one, I wasn't gonna have y'all do anything extra running today."

"Broo." "See this what y'all just need to shut up sometimes." I overheard the grumbles as they began to run.

I lifted Moriah in the air still holding him. "You get a lil heavy after a while." I chuckled.

He cracked a smile while looking down at me, I smiled back happily, that was the first time he smiled at me with his teeth today. I was glad that made him feel better.

"You wanna go to the candy store later?" He nodded excitedly "Okay. You can't tell momma though,"

"Okay."

-

"Which one?" I asked Moriah as he looked at the gummy candy that sat in the bins.

"What is this?" He asked looking back at me with his finger pointing to the Coke bottle gummies.

"It's flavored like Coca-Cola."

He looked at me with a slightly confused face, I wasn't surprised that he didn't know what it was being that Zinnia didn't drink a lot of carbonated drinks.

"'Ion think you'll like it Pooh. How about this one?" I moved over to the cherry ones.

"Okay."

With that I grabbed the scooper, opened the top,  and then  grabbed half a scoop of the candy.

We'd been to Amy's Sweet Shop a multiple times before, so it was easy to remember which candy he liked. I had already filled the bag with his typical picks, but I was letting him pick new ones to try.

Zinnia didn't necessarily love the fact that we stopped in here almost everytime we came to the mall, but I didn't see the problem. Moriah got hyper a couple times, though I thought it was normal.

"I done!" He announced while looking up at me.

"Alright."  I tied up the bag then grabbing his small hand and walked towards the counter.

"Will this be all for-"

"Ice cream! Solly, ice cream!" He chirped excitedly, tapping my shoulder.

"My bad." I apologized to the employee then put my attention on Moe "You want ice cream?"

"Yess."

I slightly tilted my head thinking about it. I was about to buy a bag full of candy plus it was cold outside...but then again who would I be to tell my son no? He deserved it.

"Can I get a kid sized scoop of Vanilla?"

"Sure thing sir. Would you like any mix ins? We have fruit, cookies, chocolates, candies, and four different sprinkles."

I looked at the toppings seeing if they had anything he liked. Frosted animal crackers. My face slightly turned up as I thought about the cookie, I found them gross but Moriah ate them often "Frosted animal crackers and regular sprinkles on top."

"Okay. Anything for you?"

I shook my head "Nah, that's all. "

Zinnia is gonna be on my ass.

-

I leaned against the sink watching as Zinnia braided Moes hair back on his scalp trying to pick up how she did it. "You see? It's not hard, bae."