Chapter 12 - Sugar Crush

"Whatcha talking about?" A young, squeaky voice asked.

"Nothing!" You quickly replied.
"You made us jump, Joe!" Alex attempted to scold him.
"Bahaha!" He laughed mischievously, "Are you two boyfriend and girlfriend? Wait, no, girlfriend and girlfriend?"
"N-No!" Alex quickly denied.
"Ahaha, we're not-" You tried to deny it too.
"I don't believe you, I'm asking my Dad." 
"Please don't!" You both said in unison.
"Why shouldn't I?" 
"Are you blackmailing us?" Alex asked.
"Yeah, aren't you like four?" You questioned, almost laughing.
"I'm four and a half, actually. But anyways, bring me candy and I won't tell him." He said, smiling, clearly proud of himself.
"Ugh, fine. That should be easy enough, where is it?" You asked.
"The top cupboard over there." He pointed to a cupboard, Jay was leaning on the counter in front of it.
"You've gotta be kidding me, Jay's stood right in front of it." Alex whined.
"I know."
"That's impossible little dude." You said, sighing.
"I'll just ask Dad about you guys then."
"Oh my god, you're like an evil toddler." You replied, almost in awe at his malice.
"Y/N, you distract Grandpa and I'll get the candy." Alex instructed you.
"Fine, let's get this over with.." The two of you stood up and put the plan into motion.

Rather nervous, you walked over to Jay, whilst Alex walked the opposite way to behind him.
"Hey there, you must be the famous Grandpa Jay, right?" You approached him.
"Ahaha, good choice of words kid. I assume you're one of my grandkids friends?" He asked, holding out his hand for you to shake.
"You got me! I'm Alex's friend, figured I'd introduce myself, Y/N, by the way." You shook his hand and introduced yourself, trying your very best to be charismatic.
"Call me Jay, Jay Pritchett." He said, sort-of smiling at you.
"Nice to meetcha, Jay. Whatcha cooking by the way?" You questioned, walking a little away from the counter, and he, luckily, followed you.
"Ah, well, I think it's better if I show you, since it's pretty complex." He said, taking you over to the stove.
"Oh, sounds interesting, let's go!" You happily agreed, hoping your plan would now be a success.
You gave a thumbs up to Alex as you and Jay walked over to the stove. He continued talking to you about the expensive food he'd ordered, and you assumed Alex had been successful in getting the candy, until you heard a small crash and turned around to see that she'd spilt the candy all over the counter. It wasn't so loud to attract the attention of the crowd of family members talking over at the dinner table and outside, but it sure made Jay jump.

"Alex, what on Earth are you doing with Joe's candy?" Jay asked, chuckling at her.
"Uhh- nothing! It just fell out of the cupboard.." Alex lied, poorly.
"You spilt my candy! Fine, I'm asking!" Joe said, and stomped over to Jay.
"Fuck." You swore under your breath.
"Shit." Alex looked like she was going to have a heart attack.
"Alex and her friend, they're girlfriends, right?" Joe asked.
"Well, yes Joe, they're friends that are girls, you just said that..?" Jay responded, confused.
"No, no! They're like boyfriend a-and girlfriend but girls!" Joe continued, stumbling over his words a little, as young kids tend to do.
"Ahaha, you're funny Joe! You must be thinking of your Uncle Mitchell and Cam." Jay laughed, assuming Joe was joking.
"No! No! No! They were holding hands!" Joe shouted, loud enough to gain the attention of just about every family member there.
"Oh Jesus Christ. Don't tell me you two are like Mitchell..?" Jay rubbed his temple, clearly annoyed.
You gave Alex a worried look, and she looked like she was going to cry,
"I-I'm sorry Grandpa!" She ran out his front door.
"Alex!" You shouted and ran after her.