Chapter 5 - Sleepover?

By the time the movie finished, it was around 8pm and your dad called,

"Hey Y/N."
"Oh, hey Dad, what's up?"
"I've just been given an extra case and it's due in two days time, so I can't pick you up. I won't be going home either by the looks of it, haha."
"Oh, okay."
"I already called Phil and he said it was perfectly fine for you to stay over so you'll have to stay there tonight. I really am sorry kiddo, but duty calls!"
"Pfft- I guess it does, I'll see you tomorrow, or whenever, Dad."
"Yeah, see you then. Love you, bye."
"Love you too, bye."

"Who was that?" Alex asked curiously.
"I take it you were reading the credits like a dork rather than listening?" You teased.
"You guessed it, now who was it?" She asked again.
"My Dad, he says he's been given another case due super soon so he can't pick me up. Looks like you're stuck with me till tomorrow." You explained.
"What does your dad even do?" Alex questioned, wondering what could make him this busy.
"He's an Environmental Lawyer. Whatever that means." You said.
"I think my Uncle Mitchell does the same thing.. Wait- Does that mean you're staying over here tonight?" Alex finally clicked onto what it meant.
"Yup!" You nodded.
"Yay!" She hugged you tightly.

You grinned, she did too. Seeing her so happy made you happy too.

~ A few hours later, around 10pm ~

"It's probably time we get to sleep, sorry, I just don't wanna be super tired for school tomorrow. Plus I have my Grandpa's barbecue-sleepover-thing tomorrow night." Alex explained apologetically.
"Okay, fair enough, where should I sleep..?" You asked, unsure of what to do.
"I asked Mom that earlier and she said that we should just sleep in the same bed, if you're okay with that..?" She responded nervously.
"Yeah, of course." It's not like you were going to say no, the mysterious feeling in your heart wouldn't have let you.
"Oh, and you don't have any pyjamas, do you?" Alex realised and asked.
"Nope." You shook your head.
"You can wear some of mine, hold on. I'll find you some." She walked over to her drawers and soon pulled out a white and blue striped set on pyjamas, "These okay?"
"Mhm." You took them from her and went to the bathroom to change, and Alex changed in her room since Haley was still downstairs watching TV.

The pyjamas were pretty big on you, but you didn't mind since they were pretty comfy. Instead, you just wore the shirt rather than the bottoms too, they were far too long and you didn't fancy borrowing Luke's pyjamas.

You yawned and began walking back to the room, and you opened the door a crack before noticing that Alex was still changing. Her gorgeous, long, black hair lay softly along her pale back. You stared for a couple of seconds before hearing footsteps on the stairs, jolting you out of your trance. You shut the door, and turned around to see Luke. He waved at you and smiled slightly, clearly tired, and walked into his room.

A minute or so later, you knocked, and Alex said it was okay for you to come in.

She was already in bed reading a book. She patted part of the bed beside her, so you snuggled in next to her,
"Whatcha reading?"
"Little Women, I just started it so you can read it with me if you want?" She offered.
"Sure, why not." You agreed.

You read it for about half an hour before falling asleep, leaning on her shoulder. Alex didn't notice until she stopped reading, deciding it was time to sleep, and turned to you. She didn't exactly want to move you, so she put the book down, lay down and put her arm around you, trying not to wake you. She turned the light off, and kissed you gently on your head, before falling asleep herself. Little did she know that you'd been awake since she put the book down, but you were too groggy to open your eyes.

Haley had gone to a party, and didn't sneak back in until 2am. She saw the two of you, and as much as she wanted to take a picture of it and tease her sister, she was somewhat glad Alex wasn't alone anymore. It was weirdly sweet for her to see the two of you together.