Chapter 3 - Miscommunication

A/N - Sorry the picture's blurry, and it's from like Season 2 or smthn but I couldn't find a more recent one lol

After a fairly quick drive, you arrived at the Dunphy household. You were pretty anxious, and your face probably said the same thing. Alex saw your troubled expression, and held your hand after you got out the car.

"I'm sorry but how is Alex not a lesbian?" Haley asked, crossing her arms.
"Shut it Haley! You-" Alex was about to argue back but you squeezed her hand and smiled softly at her, your smile melted her heart.

She had no idea how you made her so happy, I mean, she couldn't have a crush on you, right? She'd only known you for a few months, and she wasn't gay, she told herself that maybe she was just losing it.

"Stop fighting you guys, come inside. Alex, show Y/N to your room and have fun. You two, do whatever you want, I'm gonna go cook dinner. And stop bullying each-other for once, we have a guest!" Claire demanded, holding the door open for you all.

"I'm sure you and your friend are gonna have fun, right Alex?" Haley teased.
"Haley! Don't be like that!" Alex retorted quickly, not liking the insinuation.
"Hm? Whaddya mean?" You didn't get it at first.
"Oh my god, is your friend a little kid?" Haley mocked you, and laughed.
"Just go away Haley!" Alex shouted, and you realised what haley had meant, your face going a bright red.
"Whatever, go play with your girlfriend!" Haley teased and walked into the living room, whereas Alex stomped up stairs, still holding your hand.
"I will!" She turned back around immediately realising what she'd just said, "Wait! You know that's not what I meant."
"Sure!" Haley shouted back from the living room.

"Sorry about her.." She apologised awkwardly, sitting on her bed.
"It's okay, siblings are just like that I guess." You chuckled softly, and sat facing her with your legs crossed.
"Oh, do you have any?" She asked.
"Yeah, I have an older sister, she's in college so I don't see her much. I haven't seen her in ages, so I don't talk about her much." You explained, feeling a little down at the mention of her, since you did somewhat miss her being around.
"Cool, so do you wanna read a book, or..?" Alex questioned, looking down at her, also crossed, legs awkwardly.
"I mean, I don't read much, but I wouldn't mind.." You rubbed the back of your neck and admitted.
"W-Wait, really?" Her face lit up once you agreed.
"If it makes you happy, I don't mind." You grinned
Alex's face went a bright red, and she leaned in close to you. Even your face was now a tomato-red. The moment was soon interrupted by Haley, who opened the door and laughed when she saw the two of you,
"I knew it!"
"I-I was just grabbing the book behind Y/N! I swear!" Alex said.

As Alex leaned forward, attempting to grab the book she used as an excuse, she lost balance and caused you to fall onto your back. She was now pinning you down, and on top of you.

"Oh.My.God." Haley screeched with laughter.
"I-Uhm." You stuttered, unable to speak and your face going red.
"S-Sorry.." Alex apologised, her face going red too.
"It's okay.." You muttered, staring back into the eyes of the girl above you.

Haley's intense laughter was suddenly stopped when Alex's mother, Claire, entered the room,
"Hey girls, dinner's ready! Oh- I think I've interrupted something. I'm gonna go plate stuff up, come down when you're done with whatever you're doing.."

Haley burst out laughing, even more than earlier.

Alex sat up, and ran after Haley, seething with her annoying elder sister. You just trailed behind slowly, still incredibly flustered from before.