Chapter 1 - New School, New Friend?

Y/N - Your Name
R/N - Room Number

~ A Few Months Ago ~

You took a deep breath, and sighed. Today was the day, you were finally going to go to your new school. Your family tended to move around a lot for "work reasons" but your dad had finally managed to get a stable job.

"Maybe you'd actually make some long-lasting friends" You thought to yourself, as you stepped through the big double doors of the school and made your way to your locker. That thought lasted about 2 minutes, because the second some older kids noticed you were the new kid, they stormed over, smirking and cracking their knuckles.

"Hey, who's the new dork?" The tallest one mocked.
"Hell if I know, do I look like I'd be friends with that thing?" The somewhat shorter boy laughed cruelly.
"Bahaha, true!" The blonde girl stood between the two of them laughed.
"C-Can I help you guys..?" You asked nervously, already having a vague idea of how the following events were going to play out.
"Yeah, do us a favour and slam yourself into that locker so we don't have to." The shorter boy retorted
"Aha.. ha.." You chuckled awkwardly.
"I don't remember saying I was joking." The tallest guy towered over you, grabbing your shoulder and slamming your somewhat-weak body into the metallic lockers. 
"Ouch.." You rubbed your shoulder, seething from the pain.
"What was that, little shit?" The blonde girl asked, stood over your hunched-over body.
"Nothing." You replied, staring down at your shoes.
"That's what I thought." She smirked.
"Let's get outta here, I'm bored." The tallest guy said, and the other two followed behind him.

Annoyed, you dusted yourself off and stood back up, putting some of your books in your locker and shutting it. Once you shut it, you noticed a girl, about your age, stood to your right. 

"Oh, hey. Are you okay?" She questioned, appearing concerned.
"Hm? Oh, yeah, I'm fine. It's not exactly the first time it's happened." You responded, somewhat joking.
"Same goes for me. I'm Alex by the way." She replied, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly.
"I'm Y/N, nice to meetcha." She held your hand out, and you shook it gratefully.
"So, what class have you got homeroom in?" The unknown brunette asked you.
"Uhh, R/N I think." You answered.
"Oh uhm, nice, me too." She said, clearly wanting to say something more but lacking the courage.
"How about we walk there together?" You asked for her.
"Sounds great! Uhm- I mean, sounds cool." She corrected herself, trying to act nonchalant.
"Pfft-" You sniggered slightly.
"What?" She questioned.
"Nothing, nothing, let's go." You reassured her it was nothing.
"Whatever." She muttered, putting her hands in her trouser pockets and walking to homeroom with you by her side.

A/N - I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I haven't written anything in months, so excuse me if I'm a little rusty lmao