Chapter 10 - Dad's Back!

A/N - I'm using a picture of Gildarts because he's the closest I got to a father figure as a kid and I think it's funny that I used to wish he was my dad when I was a kid lmao

Your POV ~ 3rd Person ~
F/S - Favourite Show

After Alex left, you sat around and watched F/S for a little while until your Dad came back.
"Hey kiddo, I'm home!" His voice echoed through the house until it eventually reached your ears.
"Hey Dad!" You shouted back, not bothering to move.
He calmly walked into the living room where you were, until he saw your bandaged arm and panicked,
"Oh my god. What happened?! Are you okay?!"
"I'm okay Dad, chill out, I just fell over, it's nothing to worry about." You lied through your teeth.
"I don't believe you. Tell me the truth." Your dad had always been good at seeing straight through your lies.
"Ugh, fine. I was sat with my friend on the field and some kids came up and made fun of them, so I defended them. Can't say I did a great job though haha.." You admitted, chuckling and rubbing the back of your neck awkwardly.
"Figured it'd be something like that, you really gotta stop being such a hotheaded idiot.." He facepalmed.
"Yeah, yeah, I know." You brushed it off.
"Who's this friend of yours though?" He asked.
Luckily, before you had to answer, your dad's cellphone rang,
"Hello, D/N speaking."
"Oh, yeah, that's fine, I'll ask her, one sec."
"Hey Y/N, you wanna go with Alex to her Grandpa's barbecue tonight?!"
"Sure!"
"Yeah, they'll go."
"Right, see you later."

He walked back into the room, and collapsed on the couch,
"Claire says she'll come pick you up."
"Oh, awesome." You grinned dorkily, excited for the opportunity to see Alex again.
"She also wanted me to thank you for defending Alex today at school. I take it that was the mysterious friend you were talking about?" He raised his eyebrow suspiciously at you and laughed.
"Aha..ha.. yeah.." You muttered.
"I dunno why you seem uneasy about me knowing that, I think it's impressive that you defended your friend, just don't go making a habit of it, yeah?" Your dad was oblivious, as per the usual.
"I won't, thanks for being cool about it."
"I'm a cool Dad, of course I'm gonna be cool about it!"
You visibly cringed at that.
"I'm just too cool for you. Anyway, go and get changed into some pyjamas before Claire picks you up, since it's a sleepover thing apparently."
You nodded, and walked upstairs, finding a fairly plain, but nice, pair of pyjamas to wear.

Not long after you'd finished packing, you heard a car horn beep loudly. You looked out your bedroom window, seeing that it was the same car that had picked you up from school the other day, and ran outside. Alex, who was sat in the backseat of the car swung the door open, and you jumped in beside her.

You saw that Haley had brought Dylan with her, and Luke hadn't brought anyone, presumably because Manny was going to be there anyway. Since you and Alex were sat alone in the backseats, you held her hand, unaware that Phil could very much see you two in the rearview mirror as he drove.

A/N - Sorry about taking so long to release a new chapter, I've been feeling unmotivated a lot recently so idk how long this book will go on for. I wrote a few more chapters a while back, they just need editing so expect those eventually lmao