Chapter 9 - Finally

She pulled away, both of you blushing a red that would've put strawberries to shame.
"S-Sorry! that was super out-of-line and I-" You cut her nervous rambling off by kissing her back.

"I like you, dork.." You retorted.
"Really..?" She asked, unsure.
"Of course, what about you wouldn't I like? You're intelligent, gorgeous, funny and sweet. I couldn't have asked for someone better to fall for.." You confessed everything you'd been feeling for so long.
"W-Wow.. That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.."  She mumbled, sniffling like she was going to cry.

The sweet moment was interrupted by Alex's phone ringing, it was her mom, 
"Hey Mom.."
"No, Y/N got in a fight so we were allowed to go home early."
"No, I'm not lying. Look, I'll come back now."
"Alright, see you soon, love you, bye.."

She turned to you, "Sorry, my mom wants me to go home now.."
"That's okay, I get it. Let me know when you're free next and we can hang out soon." You smiled softly.
"Yeah, I will." She nodded and stood up from the couch.
Before she could walk away, you grabbed her hand and said, "Oh, and about the kiss, does this mean we're, y'know.. a thing now?"
"I mean, if you want us to be..?" She responded nervously.
"I'd want nothing more." You happily agreed.
"Uhm- Great! I'll see you later!" Alex smiled brightly, my God you loved her smile, it was so cute.
"See ya!" You walked her out, and locked the door after she left to go home.

~ Alex's POV ~

I managed to get home pretty quickly, since I didn't live super far away from Y/N's home. I hope they're okay. God, I can't wipe the stupid smile off of my face. I guess I'm just not used to having my feelings reciprocated.

I stepped into the house to immediately be greeted my mom's annoyed expression.
"Uhh, hey Mom.." I greeted her awkwardly.
She sighed, "I was gonna scold you but you never usually do anything rebellious so I'll let this one go. How come you're smiling so much?"
"Oh, no reason! I'm just happy I guess!" I tried to come up with an excuse, but I'm an awful liar.
"Alright, I don't believe you but I won't push further. So, you remember we have Grandpa's sleepover-barbecue tonight right?" Mom questioned.
"Of course." I responded nonchalantly.
"He called and said we could all invite one guest each." Mom informed me.
"That's weird, Grandpa Jay hates new people.." I replied, it was weird.
"That's what I said, but he brushed it off and said he was just in a social mood." Mom said.
"Did you actually talk to Grandpa or a different man?" I joked.
"I know. So I called Gloria and apparently he tried to do the shopping for the barbecue online ad ordered way too much." She explained.
I laughed and said, "That's more like Grandpa."
"Yup, so who're you inviting." Mom asked.
"Y/N." I answered definitively.
"Alright, I'll giver her Dad a call, since he should be home by now, and ask." Mom stood up to go grab the phone.
"Alright." I nodded and went upstairs to my room, I still couldn't stop smiling.

"What're you so happy about, nerd?" Haley questioned, squinting her eyes suspiciously at me.
"You remember how you told me to confess this morning..?" I replied.
"Duh. Do I look like I have dementia?" She retorted sarcastically.
"Well, after she fought off a couple of bullies, she got sorta injured, so we went back to her place and I patched her up.." I trailed off a little.
"And?" Haley impatiently asked.
"We sorta ended up kissing.." I caved and told her the truth awkwardly.
"Finally you got some!" Haley laughed, but she seemed happy for me at least.
"Oh God please don't phrase it like that Haley." I buried my face in my hands and mumbled.

A/N - Sorry if this is more of a filler chapter, imma need a lil more time before I get any more chapters out, you'll have to bear with me lmao