Chapter 17

MACKENZIE

I woke up to sound of the door closing i had fell asleep on the couch after finally putting Abel to bed i yawned and stood up. i turned around and Jax was standing in the doorway he looked scarred, tired and relieved it was crazy how well i could read this guy. he rushed over to me and pulled me into a tight hug his hair grazed the side of my cheek as he placed his face in the side of my neck. the embrace was warm and comforting but it also scarred me. it ment we loss someone tonight the club loss someone. When I woke up I was starring into Jaxs bright blue eyes. I smiled "were you watching me sleep", he smiled "yeah". I smiled back and kissed him then I rolled over and threw my feet over the bed. I looked back at Jax he was still smiling I hated to ruin the moment but the curiosity of last tonight was scratching at the surface. 'What happened last night" I said barley above a whisper. Jax face fell and he sat up he rubbed at his chin and looked up at me, "we lost Dawn last night". My heart broke how could she be dead I just talked to two days ago, two she was alive. Tears started filling up my eyes and I blinked them back. Jax came around to my side and kneeled infront of me "how'd she die", "you don't want to know", he sat up on the bed and pulled me into his arms I leaned my head against his chest and closed my eyes.

I was finding it hard to process what Clay just told me. "How could he just burn her alive", "he wanted to make a statement". "To who us", Clay didn't nod but his eyes told me in general", "I hope it got threw to you it just sucks we had to lose Dawn the way we did". I put my head against my forhead and leaned against the table "have you seen or heard from Tigs yet", "no I figure its better to leave him for know let him process". "Theres no processing this Clay he watched his kid get burned alive", I hated how calm he was about it like it didn't effect him like he wasn't there. But thats what I have to remember he was there. I sighed "have you and Jax call Marcus back yet", "no and after what happened Jax won't be will to do much right now", "ok". I picked up my purse and keys "I'm headen over to the clubhouse earlier, see if Jaxs there yet". I didn't for Clays ok I left out the house and got in the car before going to the clubhouse I needed to make a small pitstop.

Jax drove me and Abel to the clubhouse when we got there I kissed Abels forehead and handed him off to wayne then I followed Jax inside in clubhouse. The tention in the air was unsettling something about the way everyone looked felt heart wrenching. With so much that has happen losing the clubs money, the Marcus situation, Darrens sudden appearance and now Dawns death its all taken its toll on everyone. I saw Tigs in the back sitting at the bar with his head down. I walked over to him and touched his shoulder he head slowly rised and he looked at me. He looked so depressed I trapped my arms around his neck and gave him a hug. He hugged me back and buried his neck in my shoulder I didn't say anything, theres was nothing I could say that would comfort him. The only thing I can do is be here for him, I closed my eyes and breathed in. Tigs let go and put both hands on my shoulders he tried to smile but it was broken and barely there. Then he left I turned around and looked at Jax he walked over to me and took my hands in his. "He needs time" Jax said, I nodded I let go of his hand and went outside to the garage. I opened the door to the office hoping to find Gemma but instead Clay was there. "Oh I was looking for Gemma", "she'll be here soon" he said. I started to walk away but stopped and turned around "you were there right Clay", "yes I was" he said looking up at me with a questionable look. "How did all go down" I asked, "Jax didn't tell you" ? "No", I crossed my arms over my chest Clay looked away for a moment debating on were or not to tell me. "She was burned alive" Clay said slowly, my heart broke I could feel it fall in into my stomach. It was so hard to believe and yet so easy to imagine. I blink back the tears threatening to fall and continue to stand in the doorway facing Clay. for a few minutes unable to get my legs to move. Clay stood up from the chair and walked past me out the door I continued to stand there but this time I let the tears fall.

JAX

"How long do you think Tigs need" Opie asked me. "A while we should give him his space but I want one person watching him. Just to make sure he doesn't do anything dumb" I told Opie. I was thinking about asking Chibs they were close and Tigs listen to him. The door opened and Clay walked in, he looked at me and walked over to me. "I going to see Marcus at the warehouse you need to talk to August Marks".

When he left I looked at Opie and he nodded I took out my phone and Dialed August number. The phone rung twice then he picked, "hello"
"Its Jax", "Jax why are you calling me", "we need to meet it involves Handson". It was quiet on the other end for a while I thought he might have hung up but then I heard breathing. "When" ?