Chapter 14

JUICE

Jaxs wanted me to pick up Mack from her DN shift. I pulled up in the front of the DN and took my helmet off. I looked into the window and saw something I'm positive I shouldn't have. Mack was talking to Tara, she looked pissed I'm guessing Tara wasn't suppose to be here. I decide to sit on my bike and wait until Tara left before I went in. Mack said something to Tara again and then she left probably went out the back. I should go back there and corner her but if I did then what. Jax didn't want anything to do with her and Mack knew that so why were they talking maybe Mack was wondering the same thing I was. I got off my back and opened the door, Mack's head shot up and she half smiled. "Hey Juice" her voice was cheery if I hadn't seen Tara just a few seconds ago I would have never guess she was up to somthing. "Hey Mack Jax wants you back at the clubhouse". She frowned "why what happened", she came around the counter and stood infront of me. "He doesn't want you working here anymore", "why" she asked. The sound of multiple guns going off echoed off the walls and filled the air. The windows shatter and glass flew everywhere me and Mack dropped the ground I grabbed her arm and we crawled behind the counter. "Juice your bleeding" she said. I looked at my arm she was right I had been shot. blood was leaking down the side of my arm. I didn't even feel it, the sound of people screaming and glass breaking continued to fill the air. finally the shooting stopped and so did the screaming. I stood up first who ever those people were are gone now. Mack stood up next to me a few of the girls who were on the ground started standing up too. All the windows were broken, some of the picture had crashed to the floor. Mack touched my arm "sit down I'm going to patch that up". I sat on the couch and looked out the window behind me. No one was outside at least not anymore. Mack came back with a first aid kit and whipped up the blood. I winced when she put pressure on it and wrapped the bandage around it. when we left I made sure Mack was close behind me. I didn't want to take any risk of her getting shot to and I getting blamed for it.

  JAX

I was leaning against the clubhouse wall outside smoking a cigarette. The sound of a motor cutting off filled the backround I looked in the direction from where the sound was coming from. Juice and Mack got off of Juices Harley. Mack pulled the bottom hems of her jacket and started walking towards the small playground where Abel and Wayne were. I tossed my cigarette to the ground and stepped on it. I looked at Juice, our eyes made contact and he shoved his hands in his pockets. Shock was written all over his face most people wouldn't have been able to tell but I could. From the way how eyes were wide and his lips were pressed into a thin line. I walled towards him, he looked passed me I followed his to the playground Mack was holding Abel and talking to Wayne. "What's wrong", I asked. "Someone did a drove by on the DN" Juice said. "Where you and Mack there", "got caught right in the middle of it". "Are you guys alright", "I was shot in the arm but Mack fix me up, she ok" he said. I looked at the white bandage wrapped around the top of Juices arm. There was a small red stain on it. "Do you have any idea on who did it", Juice shook his head. " buy I did notice something off about the shooting. When Mack was taking care of my arm I notice the bar was the only thing covered in bullet holes". "So they were trying to you", "me or Mack", I frowned, "why would they try and kill Mack". Juice looked around, then lowered his voice. "I saw Mack talking to Tara when I got to the DN". "What", I could feel my face getting hot with anger what was Tara doing back in charming. "I waited until Tara left before going in", "you think Tara might be the reason behind the drive by". Juice shrugged "possibly I don't know". I patted Jucies good arm "go get cleaned up", he nodded and starting walking towards the clubhouse. Tara, justing thinking about her sent a burning feeling of rage and sorrow threw my chest. I glanced at Mack she was pushing Abel on the swing. She hadn't notice me come over until I opened the gate. "Hey" she said, "hey" she came from around the swing set and stood infront of me. "Are you ok" I asked her. "Juice told you what happen", "yeah". I tilted my head and looked her over there was a scratch on her hand probably from the glass. "I'm ok" she moved a piece of hair from her face. "Juice told me you didn't want me working at the DN anymore", I smirked. "And you were going to argue me up and down weren't you", she smiled. "Not anymore". I shifted "was anybody else hurt beside Juice", she shook her head."no, how is Juice", "fine he's in the clubhouse now". She looked toward the clubhouse "imma go check on him".

  MACKENZIE

Jax held the side of my face and kissed my temple. I smiled at him then walked away headed for the clubhouse. The way he was looking at me made me nervous. He was looking at me like he wanted me to say something else waiting for me to slip on my words. I shook away the feeling and walked into the clubhouse. Juice was sitting on the couch and Chibs was using tweezers to pull the bullet out. I walked over to them and stood by Chibs, "it doesn't look to bad", I said glancing at Juice bullet wound. It did however look painful. Chibs picked up a clean bandage and wrapped it around Juices arm. "I'll be fine it doesn't feel as bad as it looks" he said. When Chibs was done he left and I sat next to Juice. "Juice how much did you see back there", he leaned forward. "What do you mean", "you know what I mean". He clasped his hands togethere and looked down at them. I sighed, "I know you saw me and Tara at the DN", he looked up at me. "Did you tell Jax", he shook his head "no". I was surprised I knew for sure that Juice would tell Jax about Tara being at the DN. He was so loyal to Jax I don't think he's ever lied to him. "How come" I asked confused. "Its none of my business. if you wanted Jax to know you would have told him yourself". Juice stood up and walked away. I had a feeling that was Juice way of telling me I needed to tell Jax about Tara. But I couldn't not yet I huffed another sigh and stood up. "Anything you want to talk about", Jaxs redhead friend asked. "No", her hair was up in a ponytail today, from the side I could see the two piercings at the top of her ear. "I'm here if you need anything my names Amanda", "nice to know Amanda" I eyed her before walking out. I passed Jax on the way out he seem to be in a rush, I walked over the garage and went inside the office. Gemma was sitting next to Abel reading him a book. I nocked on the wall and she looked up at me "hey", "hey" she closed the book and stood up. "I'm heading out", "long day" she asked. "Yeah something like that", "I could watch Abel for you" she said glancing back at him. He had the book open and was pointing at the pictures the sight of him put a smile on my face. "Are you sure", "yeah I don't get to spend enough time my grandchild anyway". "Ok" I said. "Call me if you need anything", I turned and started walking away. "Hey Mack" Gemma called. I turned back around and she tossed me the keys to her car. "Keep it Clay got me a new one can't do much with two cars", I half smiled and nodded. This family wasn't much for thank yous I walked over to her now my car and got in.