Chapter 23

A couple hours later I was at Gemmas house helping her cook a feast for our family. "Mack can you take the biscuits put", Gemma asked. I put on the oven mitts and opened up the oven a gush of heat hit me in the face I stepped back. "I could have told you not to stand so close", Gemma chuckled. I bent back down to take the biscuits out the oven and set them on the counter. Gemma started setting the table when Clay walked in. He smiled and walked over to her, "this all looks really good", he said. Gemma turned around to face him "you have to wait till everyone gets here", she smiled and he smiled back. I took the mitts and went over to go check on Abel. He had dinner early because and I put him to bed on the couch. I would have loved for him to eat with us but I couldn't have him staying up late or hearing our conversation even thought he doesn't know what we're talking about. I sat down the end near his feet and kissed his forehead. My phone started ringing and I looked at the caller ID it was Jax.

"Hey Darling", he said.

"Hey"

"where are you", he asked

"I'm at Gemma's helping her cook",

"I hope that foods good. if its not she gonna blame it on you".

"Its a good thing I cooked most of the food then". I laughed

"I'll be over in ten minutes"

"Ok bye", I hung up the phone and went into the kitchen. Everyone started arriving around eight soon we were all at the table laughing and eating. Clay sat at the head of the table and Jax sat the other end. I glanced at both of them I've never seen them this happy and actually enjoying each other company. I put my hand on Jax arm and squeezed it. She looked at me and smiled

"I love you", I whispered

His smile widden, "I love you to, and this food". Gemma stood up "alright everyone time for dessert", Tigs helped her put away some of the food and she bring out a devils food cake. I could see Opies mouth watering from a my seat and I couldn't help but laugh. "I made this", Gemma said smiling. "Couldn't wait to get your credits in Gemma", Tigs said. "Yeah Mack made most of the food", Gemma waved her hand at me.

"Great Job Mack", Tigs said

Jax grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek. "You did a great job darlin you should cook like this at home", he said. I wanted to tell him I would but he's never home instead I smiled and kept to myself. The rest of the night was nice it was first time I felt like I was apart of a family. I went home both happy and tired I put Abel to bed and shut the door quickly behind me. Then I went to me and Jaxs room he was sitting on the edge of the bed. I stood infront of him and he placed his hands on my waist. "You seemed really happy tonight", Jax said.

"It was it was the first time we were all able to be together not at a hospital or funeral", I said. Jax stood up his arms tighten around my waist he pulled me closer until I was pressed up against him. "Seeing you happy makes me feel good", he leaned in closer his warm breath tickled my ear and sent a faint blush to dance across my cheeks. "You want know what else makes me feel good", his said in a husky tone. His lips pressed against the side of my neck sending a warm feeling down my spin. His lips trailed down and lingered on my collar bone. I let out a small moan and Jax pulled away I starred into his bright blue eyes. He half smiled and his eyes traveled down my body and back up.

"What ?" I smiled

"I'm admiring how you look with your clothes on. before I rip them off", he said in a cocky tone. I giggled and brung his lips back down to mine this time there more force and a lot more want. His hands moved down and cupped the under part of my thigh. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist. He led me over to the bed and layed me down. He pulled the hems of my shirt over my head and tossed it to the ground. with seconds our clothes were in a pile on the floor and our body's were intwined beneath the bed sheets. I ran my fingers along his back as he rocked back and forth the heat from his body cascade around me like mist. The desire to kiss him was undeniable but the pleasure that spread threw out my body kept my hands at bay. I dug my fingers into his back at the sudden change of pace and closed my eyes. tilting my head back small moans left my mouth he nipped at the sweet spot just above my collar bone, that was enough to send me over the edge and the feeling of sweet bliss took over. Jax leaned down and gently kissed my lips before fall to my side. He wrapped his arms around me and I played my head on his chest. Our heavy breathing echoed off the walls Jax mumbled something against my ear but I could make out what he said between my own breathing.

I woke up the next morning with the feeling of someone pinning me down. I looked down and saw Jax arm was across my chest I turned my head to face him and smiled. He was still sleeping his soft snores that I use to hate so much was now one of my favorite sounds. I triced the outline of his lips with my thumb and smiled.

"Jax", I mumbled softly he didn't move I smiled and brushed my lips against his.

"Jax ", I said louder he the corners of his mouth turned up into a smile. I kissed his lips again and his eyes fluttered open.

"morning", I said

"morning", he said in a raspy tone

"Did you sleep well", I asked

"Mm hmm", he mumbled closing his eyes

I kissed his forehead and threw my legs over the bed.

"Where are you going", he mumbled so low I could barley hear him.

"If you didn't know we both have a day to start and I didn't take a shower last night", I said.

I pulled on a pair of shorts and a white shirt then grabbed a towel off my dresser. "Want me to come with you", Jax asked. "No I'm good", I laughed and shut the door behind me.