Chapter 1

JAX

I ran my hands through my hair knowing I'd really fucked up as I looked down at Handson's dead body. Clay said he wanted him back alive and I killed him. 

"Wow Jackie boy you really did a number on him," Opie said. 

I glared at him.

 "We gotta get rid of the body."

Tigs, Opie and I took his body to the back of the woods and buried it. Then went back to our bikes and headed back to the club. 

Opie came over to me and put his hand on my shoulder, "You want me to take the heat from Clay."

 "No man this is all on me", I got off my bike and followed Opie inside.

Gemma and Mackenzie were sitting at the bar chatting. I went behind the bar and grabbed Mackenzie by the waist pulling her to my chest and kissed her forehead. 

"How's your day been with ma has she drove you crazy yet." 

Mackenzie giggled.

"Well hello to you to son."

"Hey ma", I grinned.

I let go off Mackenzie and leaned against on the bar counter. Glancing to my right I saw Clay standing with his arms crossed and sighed.

.   .   .   .   .

MACKENZIE

I watched Jax make his way over to Clay with his shoulders slumped. 

 "Hey Tigs come here", Gemma called.

He walked over to us and sat on the leather stool seat next to her. I passed him a beer and leaned against the countertop. 

"What happened out there?", She asked.

"Jax took out Handson."

 "Damn."

"Yep, he beat him to death saw the whole thing. Me and Opie thought it would be best if we let him do it half the time when we try and stop him he gets pissed off". 

Gemma sighed and rubbed her temples. My head snapped up when the door in the hallway slammed Jax came out mad as hell and didn't stop to say anything. He walked right out and got on his bike seconds later the engine roared and faded in the distance. 

Half Sack got up and walked towards the door, "I'll keep an eye out for him", he said and left. 

I crossed my arms over my chest I was always worried about Jax when he got mad. Gemma touched my arm, "he'll be fine Mack, Half Sacks got him."

She got up and went to Clay's office probably to talk to him. I stayed until it got dark Jax never showed up which made me even more worried about him. After everyone left I locked up and went to Jax house he wanted me to start thinking of it as home since we've been together for over two years. I parked my truck in the driveway and got out. I didn't see Neeta's car in the driveway so I figured she went home. I opened the door and saw Jax sitting on the couch with Abel. 

"Jax", I said. 

He looked my way then got up to hug me. I tighten my arms around him and buried my face in his neck.

 "I sorry if I scared you", he said. 

I shook my head, "its fine I wasn't scared just a little worried. You tend to be reckless more times than some". 

I pulled away from him and frowned at the sight of a cut on the side of his head that was bleeding. 

"Jax what the hell did you do?"

His expression softened as he pulled away from me and rubbed his hand over his face. "I got into a fight with one of the Mayans."

 "Why are you always trying to start trouble?"

His eyebrows furrowed, "I didn't go after him he came after me." 

I shook my head and went to pick up Abel. He grabbed my hair and put a piece of it in his mouth. 

"Jax this is going to come back and bit everyone in the ass. Every time you do some shit like this everyone ends up being affected by it". 

He opened his mouth to protest but decided against it. "I'm going to take a shower", I said and went into the bathroom.

.   .   .   .   .

JAX

I'd never admit but she was right, running my fingers through my hair I glanced at Abel asleep in his playpen. I picked him up and carried him to his room, laying him down in his crib I kissed his forehead then walked back out. I went into me and Mackenzie's room right as the water in the bathroom stopped. 

Mack came out running a towel through her wet hair wearing some short black shorts and one of my plain white t-shirts. I walked up behind her and spun her around to face me. I leaned down and our lips met, it was the first real kiss we've had in days. It was passionate yet rough like how our love was for each other. She pulled at my hair and I deepened the kiss slowly backing her up until I was hovering over her on the bed. She tugged at the hems of my shirt and I broke away long enough to pull it off. I left a trail of kisses down her neck and slipped off her shirt. She put her finger to my lips and smiled. 

"We gotta keep it down so we don't wake Abel."

 I kissed her hand, "that's all up to you Darlin".