Chapter 4 | Spilling the Tea

"What do you want," I whispered as I nervously eyed the group of boys.

"You," Chase smirked.

My chocolate brown eyes widened at that.  "Wh-what?  Y-you all want me..?"  I started to back away from them, wary as ever.

"Stop messing with her Chase," Aiden snapped before turning back to me.  "We want your help.  Come along with us and we'll fill you in," he demanded.

Some of the other boys whispered to one another, laughing, as they eyed me hungrily.

"What?  No!"  I wasn't stupid after all.

He whirled back around, green eyes fiery.  "Listen here girl.  We can either get this over with quickly, or the rest of high school can be your own personal living hell," he bit out as the bell shilled overhead.

"But we have class," I said weakly.

"Not anymore, you don't," Chase said as he pulled me out of my seat.

The bell had already rang, the halls cleared, by the time we started making our way down the hall.

"Where are you taking me," I demanded of the boys surrounding me.

"Somewhere private where we won't be disturbed," Chase smirked as he eyed me suggestively, leering in an exaggerated manner.  I let out a tiny squeak at that as we came to a stop before the boy's locker room.  I attempted to free myself from Chase's grasp, only to have his hand tighten around mine as the other boys closed in on me.

"I think you should let the lass go," a quiet voice said from behind me, causing me to jump.  What was with guys sneaking up on me and following me today?

"And who do you think you are to order us around," Chase growled, whirling around abruptly, his hand still clutching mine as I unwillingly followed his lead.

It was the five strange boys again.

"Stay out of it, if you know what's good for you, pretty boys," Jason added, cracking his knuckles.

"He said, let her go," James repeated, ignoring the two boys.

"No, I don't think I will," Chase snarked, a small smirk playing across his face.  "She is quite pretty after all," he added suggestively as he wrapped his arm around my waist, seemingly to taunt them more than anything else.

"This is your last chance," Charles warned.  "Let her go, or you won't like what happens."

The popular boys didn't seem to take the brothers seriously, not bothering to move or respond at all this time, just staring the British boys down.

Then, something strange happened.

All of the boys eyes seemed to change color briefly; either to a pale golden amber shade or a bright emerald green.

The next thing I knew, Chase and the other boys were silently leaving.  I glanced at Chase as he turned to go, brow scrunched in confusion.  Their eyes were glazed, expressions blank, as they zombie-walked towards the cafeteria.

Weird.  Didn't they know lunch was over?  And what was ith the strange boy's eyes?

It must have been a trick of the light, I decided.  Perhaps I felt so strange around them that I was projecting my feelings of unease onto them.  It had happened a lot when I was younger.  I used to have all sorts of strange, imaginary friends until I was about seven.

I turned to head to class, like I had originally planned, book tucked under my arm.  Then I groaned; my book bag was still in the library.

"Looking for this," Cedric drawled lazily.

I spun around so fast that I nearly toppled over.  He was had my bag slung over his shoulder as he eyed me in amusement.

"My bag," I cried stupidly.  Then, "Were you following me," I demanded angrily, fists propped on my hips.

"You're cute when you're angry," he grinned.

"You didn't answer my question..."

"We weren't following you, we were watching over you," Charles attempted to soothe me as he held out his hands as if to pacify me.

"Right," I snorted.  "If this is about you sitting in my seat, you're welcome to it," I started.  They may be cute, but they were weird, even to me.

"I heard the boys saying that they should punish Seraphina.  They said that the best way to do that would be to hurt you, and how you were an easy target," James explained.

"Oh," I said.  "Well thank you then, I guess...and I'm sorry," I added hesitantly.

James beamed at that.  "It was nothing."  He paused.  "Since we're all late for class, do you think you would be willing to talk to us now," he said hesitantly, dark eyes fixed on me.

I took out my phone to check the time; class was already half over!

"I suppose there's no harm in talking to you..."

"Excellent," he said, clapping his hands together.  "Hungry," he asked, seemingly randomly.

My stomach rumbled angrily, reminding me of my deserted lunch I had never had the chance to eat.  I flushed a bright red in embarrassment.

"What did you have in mind?"

Henry grinned as he took me by the hand, leading me towards the nearest exit, the others following in our wake.

"How does a Slice of Heaven sound?  You like pizza, right?"

"Of course, who doesn't?"

His grin widened even more at that.

"You'll love this place then; they're famous for their pizza and pie.  A family friend runs the place," he added.

"I've never heard of it..."

"You have to know the owner to get an invite," Charles said from my left.  When had he gotten there?

I was distracted at the sight of a midnight blue jaguar which we now stood in front of.

"We're going to ride this," I asked incredulously.

"Of course not," Henry chuckled.  "We couldn't all fit in there, we'll be splitting up," he said as he threw me a helmet, which I barely managed to catch.

"What's this for?"

"You'll be with me---on this," he said as he gestured to a candy apple red Harley, causing me to gulp.

A/N: Do you think the brothers were telling the truth?  What do you think they want with her?  Should she trust them?

VOTE | COMMENT | LIKE | ADD | SHARE | FOLLOW

STAY SAFE | HAVE A GREAT DAY