chapter thirty nine *

Start from the beginning

Her voice got louder - but the louder it grew, the more inaudible her words became. The light of the object in front of him appeared brighter, like the sound of his voice was giving it the power to glow effortlessly.

"Marley!" He yelled, moving his head around as he desperately looked for the girl.

It was silent for a moment, the slight pant leaving Harry's lips filled the air that consumed him as he continued his search for the girl. But then it hit him, he knew exactly where the girl had been.

Marley was the moon.

He looked up once more, the smile bright on his face when he caught a glance of her beauty, shining the brightest and most beautiful of light to the shadows surrounding him. He laughed lightly, because for the first time he had felt happy.

"Marley," he whispered, taking another step closer to her as he ran his fingers through his hair. "I've missed you baby."

There was a silence in the air as he waited for her to respond. It felt as though he hadn't seen her in years. Like he had been patiently waiting for this moment to finally arrive. He knew she wasn't going to respond, but for some reason he felt as though he knew exactly what she was going to say to him, and his heart broke. The smile on his face turned into a frown, the tears that had just left his eyes returning in an instant as he shook his head quickly.

"No," he sobbed, walking back towards the moon as the glow started to fade. "Please don't leave me."

In an instant the light from above him dulled out into nothing, making his heart completely break. He couldn't stop the tears burning in his eyes at the realization she was gone. She was gone and was never coming back.

He sat down onto the ground, a sob escaping his lips as the world around him turned back into nothing. Complete darkness taking over as the screams of his sister that he had finally lost came back, only to be louder than ever before.

He cried as he covered his ears once more, rocking back and forth as he begged for her to stop. Because there was nothing he could do, he couldn't save Gemma, he couldn't save his mother, and he couldn't save Marley.

"Please," he yelled, trying to find the words to say as he cried. "Stop, please."

Soon the screams of his sister became too much, his body feeling as though it was stone as he cried through the pain. Each cry for help felt as though he was being stabbed over a hundred times, each one growing louder as the pain intensified.

"Marley!" he yelled, the darkness seemingly swallowing him whole as he sobbed.

He woke up shocked, his body slightly shaking as his upper half glistened with sweat. He was panting heavily, his mind wandering wild as he looked around his room. Only he wasn't in his room.

The bed he had quickly sat up from was resting on the floor, the posters that were covering the wall were ones of not his own, and the cards that seemingly jumped out at him when he looked to his left made him remember where he was. His vision was still slightly blurred from the tears, and his heart was beating so quickly he couldn't even think straight.

He shook his head slightly, his body still feeling stiff from the nightmare as he tried to calm himself down. His pants grew louder as it became hard for him to breathe, the troubling images of the darkness from his nightmare almost becoming too much to bear.

After what felt like hours he finally felt a pair of arms wrap around him, they held him close as he shook his head, only to bury it in her warmth seconds later when he realized she was okay. She hummed softly in his ear, shushing him quietly as he cried.