chapter twenty seven **

~Harry~

~Harry~

"Marley stay fucking still," he snapped, placing a cold rag to the cut along her eyebrow, trying to hide the amused look on his face when she hissed in pain, swatting his hand away.

"Oww Harry," she complained, grabbing the small towel as she placed it more gently on her face. "You're hurting me."

"Then quit moving and it won't hurt as much," he said quickly, taking back the rag from her hands to place it on her forehead.

The two had been going back and forth for the past few minutes; Marley being too stubborn to accept the help while Harry was too prideful to step aside and allow her to do it herself.

She had been sat on top of his bathroom counter, her legs swinging slightly as Harry stood between them, muttering out a small 'stop' when she would accidentally kick him. Her eyes were puffy from her crying, a shade of red that made her eyes more annoyingly blue than they had naturally been. Her hair was straighter than he was used to seeing it, the ends of it soft as it danced against his fingertips ever so often.

She finally gave up, rolling her eyes while she crossed her arms like a child over her chest as stared at him. He had placed the rag gently back to her eyebrow, causing her to flinch back quickly as she shook her head to the side.

Irritation ran through his body, fighting the urge to yell at the girl as he narrowed his eyes at her. In one swift motion he placed his hand on the back of her head, his large fingers wrapping around the base of her neck as he moved her head to face him.

Her eyes widened at the action, swallowing quickly as she looked up at him. He smirked at her response, loving the way a simple touch was sending the girl into overdrive. He moved his thumb up and down the back of her neck, his fingers tangling in her hair at the movements. Her chest began moving quickly, not being able to help himself as he glanced for a moment, meeting her eyes once more and he placed the rag back onto her head.

"Now," he said quietly, taking advantage of her lust filled eyes as he spoke. He began rubbing circles in the base of her neck as he held her still, moving his body closer to hers as she placed her hand onto the arm that was leading his hand into her hair. "Are you going to stop being such a brat and stay still for me?"

She didn't respond for a moment, her lips parting slightly as she inhaled quickly. She nodded her head slowly, her eyes never leaving his as he dabbed the cold, wet rag onto her face.

They stayed like that a few moments, the blood from her head gone as he placed a small bandaid on her forehead, cleaning off the remainder of the blood that filled her eyebrow, mimicking her whines and complaints every chance he got. When he had finished cleaning off her cuts, he realized that his hands had never moved away from her neck, standing still as the shallow breaths leaving both of their lips echoed the room.