chapter thirty two

~Harry~

~Harry~

"Do you always come out here at this time of night?" Harry asked quietly, closing the driver's side door as he walked out of the car.

The temperature had dropped slightly since they started their night together, his leather jacket squeaking lightly with each move they made. The sound of the town ahead of them was quiet, a contrast from the last time he had been there when the noises of the waves hitting the shallow shore moved together with the rhythm of the distant chatter.

After he had rushed to her house just a few short hours ago she had asked him if he would go to the cliff with her, something that made him feel warm inside considering how much the small corner of the world had meant to her. The wind's gentle breeze had been a constant between the two since they got out of the light blue car just a few short moments ago, flowing her hair freely in the wind as he watched it intently.

Somewhere between the late night chats and early morning training session he had found himself become more and more fascinated with her hair. Loving how it looked different every time he saw her, yet still being able to recognize it from anywhere. He loved the way it effortlessly flowed down her back anytime she moved. The way the smell of her strawberry scented shampoo would overwhelm his senses, causing him to see stars. The way it was so soft to the touch, wanting his fingers to be woven between each strand. For some reason; seeing her wavy brown hair made him feel instantly content, a sense of calm overpowering any emotion he could be feeling.

"Yeah," she said softly, turning her head towards him as a small smile appeared onto her face. "It's nice being out here when everyone else is asleep because for a little while it's just me, the wind and the moon."

"I can wait in the car if you want," he said quickly, instantly feeling as though he was intruding on her time with her father.

"No," she said just as fast, placing her hand on the sleeve of his jacket as she shook her head. "I want you here."

He couldn't help the smile that had been forming on his face. For as long as he could remember he felt as though his entire being was a burden to people, that he was a nuisance in everyone's life. But what else would be expected of someone who had been told everyday that they were nothing more than a mistake? That no one wanted them, that no one needed them.

For the first time, someone had truly wanted him.

"Okay," he softly, running his fingers through his hair as they reached the hood of his car.

She sat down first, crossing her legs over one another. She let out a small giggle when a firefly glowed in front of her face, a smile so wide it caused one to mirror onto his without even realizing it. He sat down beside her, leaving a small space between the two as he simply stared at her. He hadn't even realized he had been doing before she laughed lightly and turned her head towards his.