chapter thirty one

~Harry~

~Harry~

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get her face out of his mind when she ran away in tears. The way her entire body seemingly shut down as her eyes filled with such hurt, it nearly killed Harry knowing he was the one that caused it. He couldn't show the guilt that had been boiling inside of him all night, desperately trying to keep up his act that he had seemingly managed to pull off up until that moment.

He had been the one to break their eye contact first, catching her presence long enough just to see the damage he had done. He tried to shake her off as if it were nothing, flipping a switch inside of him to appear completely numb, turning back to Dean as he took a sip of his liquor.

Dean only smirked at the interaction, a chuckle escaping his chapped lips after she ran off, leaving them alone as he stared at Harry intently, "You were saying?"

Harry only matched his smirk, raising an eyebrow as he picked up the glass from the table, bringing it to his lips in a slow manner, seemingly pleased with himself as he took a sip. He closed his eyes, pretending to bask in the feeling of hurting Marley when in reality it was a ploy to hide behind the fact that he was hating himself more than he ever had before.

"They say that sometimes dicks attract the crazy chicks, I slept with her one time and she won't leave me the fuck alone," he said quickly, shurgging his shoulders in attempts to hide the words tasting like vinegar slipping through his lips.

"Can't say I'm not surprised is all," the man mused, grinning madly with each word. "She's not really your type, kid."

He hummed in response, downing his drink quicker as he asked, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Have you looked at her?"

His eyes snapped down at him, his knuckles turning white due to the tight grip he had on glass in his hand. His hand that was on the seat balled into a fist, inhaling deeply through his nose as he exhaled silently, praying this didn't go wrong because he was about to throw himself across the table at the son of a bitch.

"I mean last time we saw each other, the usual girl that was hung around your arm was some blondie," Dean said carelessly, placing his hand gently onto the table as if he had been testing the boy across from him. "You know the more skinny and beautiful birds like the ones that are crawling around this place."

Harry's eye twitched slightly at the words, Dean's game starting to take effect on his anger as he tried to control it before he quickly replied, "I'm not following."

"I mean sure, those eyes she's got on her are quite the looker but that's about all she's got going for her Harry. If I'm being honest she has gotten much bigger in the past few months, surprised they are even letting her work here considering they have an image to uphold. I'm just saying that you could definitely do a lot better."