Chapter 42.

Without question I get up and slowly get dress, I try to follow Olivia's rhythm. But why am I not affected by the serum? Unless it doesn't work on Divergents. Then that means Connor isn't in the lifeless state like Shayne and Olivia are in. Everyone in the dorm walks to the Pit. In the dim light I can see Connor who follows Jason in the walk to the Pit. I try to catch up to him without being noticed. But I can't pass Shayne's towering figure. Everyone lines up in straight lines. I stand in between Shayne and Olivia and ignore the sweat which is dripping off my right temple. Max and Eric walk down the lines monitoring us.

"I told you Max. They can't notice a thing. They are our puppets now under our control it also allows us to detect any Divergent." Eric says pinching one of his eyebrow rings. "Impressive eh?" Eric adds as they stand over Connor. I begin to feel dizzy and fragile like I will eventually collapse. "Please, please don't notice." I scream to myself in my head.

"Very impressive." Max says. They walk away and I feel as though I can breathe again. The lines move and I faintly see the people in front pick up guns. Inside I gasp and despite it seeming dream like I know too well that this is all too real. The thought that Jeanine is probably in her office laughing about this makes my blood ignite, if she can manipulate Dauntless there is no telling what she is capable of. I get to the line and I pick up the heavy black metal gun ready to kill. I feel sick that I will be joining a killing spree. But who?

Abnegation of course. Connor knew something was about to happen, Tobias wanted to talk to me about it. I should have listened to him at least we would have time to prevent this... Oh who am I kidding? We could have never prevented this has been months in the making. I follow the people onto the train and together we all face forward as the train moves. I have lost sight of Connor, hopefully he will be smart enough to find a way to get back to me. I am stood aside the black haired male from the zip-lining and the girl who scattered her ashes Rita I think her name was. I slowly move my head around the car we are in to try and catch a glimpse of people's faces underneath the blue light. By now my heart is beating that much that my body is a numb thud. The weapon I am carrying is sliding out of my hands which are covered in sweat. I look around the room again and by the window I can see a dull blond haired girl who stands next to a tall male who like me has a hooked nose and dark brown hair.

Tris and Tobias.

I slowly push past the lifeless cold bodies of the Dauntless. I actually want to cry that they are in this state. I push past Marlene and Keira and stand next to Tobias and he gently touches my wrist and I sigh in relief. From here to Abnegation I stay close to his and Tris' side. As soon as we step off the train I hear the first of the gunshots and scream which impales my heart and freezes my blood flow.

The assault against Abnegation has begun.

Us three all quickly take a back street behind a set of houses. I hug Tobias and let the tears fall from my eyes and onto his exposed neck. "What is happening?" I whisper to him. He gently pats my back like Evelyn use to. I remember nights sitting by the fire and her patting my back when ever I was crying, I have clutched onto that memory because it is one of the few I can still bring up easily. "The Erudite are controlling the Dauntless for their gain. This has been planned for a long time. The Dauntless won't stop until they have killed every single person of Abnegation." Tobias replies. The vision of seeing blood soaked grey robes on the floor has come back. Dwayne, Mrs Prior, Mr Prior, Mr Lopham, Mrs Lopham and Marcus. Despite everything he has done to me and Tobias I don't want to see him dead.

"Tobias we need to find my parents. Otherwise they'll be dead within a matter of minutes." Tris says through her gritted white teeth. An unruly sight seeing her angered. The screams and the fire of bullets get louder and louder where I have to kneel in the grass and cover my ears. Tobias nods his head and he picks me up. "C'mon Sonia we need to survive." Tobias orders as we run down the backstreets. It has been two years since Tris walked these streets and yet she remembers them like she only helped someone with their bags down the streets yesterday. In the reflection of a mirror I see a woman who lies in the pool of her own blood which comes from the front of her head. We past a few more houses until Tris brunt-ly stops and repeatedly kicks down the door until it swings open.

We walk into the kitchen and the smell of soap brings back memories. Some good, some bad. The last time I was in an Abnegation house was in the fear landscape. Tris walks into the living room as she screams for her parents but the only response she gets is an echo. My hands shake and I nearly drop the gun which is used for mercilessly killing. Killing is wrong no matter what it is for. Tris arrives back and tears are in her blue eyes. "T-they aren't here. I have searched every room." Her voice is wobbly and her body shakes. Tobias nods his head.

"Ok we will find them. Abnegation is covered in safe houses. Chances are they would have run over to one of them when they heard gunfire." Tobias says.

"We better be quick then." Tris quietly says wiping a tear away from her eye. We walk out of the back door as soon as my front foot touches the grassy path I hear the hollowing sound of a gun. "Uh...uh stop right there Four." Eric's voice excitedly says over the screams of innocent people.