Did he know I would be here tonight?

"Let's go," Father announced and I walked to his side. And as three, we walked through the double doors and into the ball. I prepared myself for the worst and yet still felt as afraid as ever.

D R A C O

I stood with Theo and Blaise in the corner of my family's ballroom which was filled with purebloods and important families of the wizarding world. Even the Minister was here. I hated these balls and found them to be a long, tiring night. Everyone in this room loathed one another and solely kept each other as mutual acquaintances for money, power and because of the blood in their veins.

Theo pulled out a flask from his blazer and Blaise and I glanced up around the room to see if anyone was paying us any attention. Luckily no one was. We were too young to be bothered by their conversations about a great dealings of power and wealth. So, luckily for us, we could always get drunk at these horrendous things.

Just as long as we kept it quiet and discrete.

"Save some for us," Blaise muttered, glaring at Theo who was pouring the flask into his mouth. He passed it to Blaiss, a teasing grin on his lips as he wiped his chin with the back of his hand.

"Sorry, I need to stay awake somehow," Theo said as Blaise took a few sips and then passed it to me.

I took it back, enjoying the burn of the strong alcohol and with each sip, I felt more at ease.

"Parkinson is here," Blaise said, nudging Theo's arm and nodding his chin to the entrance of the ballroom.

She walked wearing a long silver dress with a high slit up the side. She walked with her parents who immediately began talking to a group of people. She greeted them and then walked towards us.

"Hello boys," she smiled at all of us and then stood on her tip-toes and kissed Theo.

Blaise raised his brows at me and took another swing of the flask.

"Look at Pucey," Blaise pointed to the center of the ballroom and my eyes made their way to the drinks table, "he is just like his father. It's like they're starved for money."

Pucey was intently talking to the minister and his daughter and I could already tell that he would be whisking her away later tonight and flirting with her until he could no longer speak. But by the looks of it, the minister's daughter seemed to be enjoying the attention.

"Hey," a soft voice spoke from behind us and I turned to see Daphne walking up to us wearing a short green dress and her hair securely pulled back into a ponytail.

"You finally escaped your mum and dad?" Blaise asked, pulling her into his side.

She smiled, "Yes, a lot of those men had a lot of questions about my academic achievements and my parents were keen to show me off. How is your half-term going?"

I took the flask off Blaise and took a heavy swing of it as I zoned out their happy catch-up. I was the only one here without my girl and something dark was twisting inside of me. I felt awfully agitated and wanted this night to hurry up and end.

E L I Z A

I stood beside my father, almost hiding at his side. I kept looking around the ballroom but still had yet to see Draco or anyone from school for that matter. Although, I did spot Adrian who surprisingly shot me a little wave. I politely smiled back and hoped he wouldn't come and introduce himself to my parents.