3.

So this is the real story start:)

Dereks POV:

When I walked into the bar I saw yang and Webber sitting at the bar. Yang and Webber? I always thought they hated each other. I never saw them together and I didn't remember yang having friends. I sat at the corner next to little Webber an di think they didn't really noticed me. After maybe 15 min yang stood up and walked out and actually smiled at Webber. I was so confused. I just sat there with my double scotch single malt and stared at the table. I still wondered what my nickname was and even if I don't really care and don't really like any of them I just asked. ,,Your mit her says you residents have a nickname for me." I tell her. I saw her shifting uncomfortable on her chair and she wasn't even locking at me. Why would she? I'm the moody attending no one likes. After a while she turns towards me and says ,,I wouldn't know anything about that." and I can clearly see that she's lying. ,,What di they say? What do they call me?" I ask again. She smiles a little and thinks for a second and then says ,,McDreary. We call you McDreary!"  I take a sip of my scotch and smile. Wow how perfect that name fits.  My live is really dreary. ,,You thinks that's funny?" ,,It fits. McDreary. That's my life." I just sat there and stared at the table in uncomfortable silence. ,,So how about tonight you are not McDreary you're just..." she smiles at me ,,you're just a guy in a bar." I take another sip and ask ,,and you're just a girl in a bar?" ,,I am" she says nodding ,,and I drink tequila" she ads smiling. I wave for joe to fill up her glas again. We smile at each other and just drink.

Meredith POV:

After a while of comfortable silence he finally speaks ,,So girl in a bar. How come that I never saw you here in the bar before?" I turn to look at him and think about how handsome he would look with that smile always on his face and if he weren't that exhausted. Right as that thought crossed my mind I mentally slapped myself. He has a wife and a child on the way. Even if they don't seem so happy at the moment their are still married. And just because I just found out that I got cheated on doesn't mean I have to drool over my boss.  Calm down Meredith he's just a guy in a bar. Just a guy in a bar. ,,I'm not here that often. I normally go home after work and study or go to ...." I stop in that sentence because I realize that now 8m no longer going to Alex or April's place. ,,Or what?" he ask and titels his head and smiles at me. ,,Or I just hang out with friends." I lie. ,,Ah" is all he says. ,,So why the sudden change? Felt like drinking tonight?" he chuckled. ,,Yeah just have to drink away my crappy life." I sigh. ,,Hm we have that in command." he tells me and takes another sip. ,,So how exactly is your life crappy? The last I checked your parents worked at the hospital, your mother is Ellis grey and you were walking around laughing with you happy little friend Kessler is that her name. I was even surprised to see you here with yang. That girl I scary." he ask me and muttered the last part. I just chuckled. ,,The last time I checked you were head of neuro, are married to the prettiest women I know and a expecting a child with her am I asking? You have to remember I'm just a girl in a bar." I sigh and asked myself if I went over the line with that statement. ,,Yeah your right. Except for the part with the perfect life but I'm just a guy in a bar." he sighs. Then I realize that he was as broken as I am and that that may be the reason why he's always in such a bad mood. ,,Ughh I have a surgery at 5:30 tomorrow. I have to get going." he sighed and gets up. I look at my watch an realize it almost 11. ,,It was nice talking to you." he tells me smiling and leaves before I can even respond. ,,Yeah it was nice." I say to myself. I get up and ask how much I own joe only to be told that the mean dr. Shepherd already paid for my drinks. ,,He has to like you." Joe tells me. ,,I never saw him pay for anyone but Addison the one time she was here." he tells me and winked at me. I just shake my head. ,,Goodnight Joe." ,,Goodnight" I walked out the bar and called a cab home. At days like this I hated myself for still living with my parents. I really need to look for an apartment and maybe even roommates.
We I arrive home I stumbled up the parking lot to the front door. I needed a few try's to get the key in right but I eventually got in. I kicked my shoes of and just hoped nobody would see me sneaking upstairs. I am an adult. I'm old enough to make my own decisions and I'm old enough to drink. But  y mom would still lecture me about my carrier and I'm still mad at her. I wanted to apologize to me dad but I thought that I better make that sober though. ,,Meredith!" Oh please for the love of god.  ,,Meredith!" I hear my mother again. And before I know it she's standing right I front of  me. ,,Meredith where were you it's almost 11:30. Are you drunk?" she asks way to loud in my opinion. ,,Yes mother I was drinking. I am old enough and capable to make my own decisions and I'm also old enough to drink. So I don't know if you already forgot but I just found out that my fiancé cheated on me with my best friend since fifth grade so excuse me when I feel the need to drink. I also just need to at the hospital at 4pm tomorrow so if you don't have any other good reason to yell at me I would like to go and get some sleep." I tell her. And I think she got the message even I slurred some words. With that I turned around and walked up the stairs to my room. ,,Goodnight." I yell before I slam the door.

In the living room
,,Since when is she drinking? She never goes drinking." Ellis says upset and sitting back on the couch.
,,Ellis she just found out that he cheated on her. I think it's pretty normal to go out drinking after that. I may have thought that he would be capable to do that but April? That sweet little happy girl who's supposedly to be a virgin?"
,,Yeah I will make sure they suffer a lot. I hope Meredith isn't falling back in her class because of that. They don't get to be better than her. Especially after that."
,,Let me take care of that. You are the chief if this leaks out we could have a serious problem." he tells her and put his hand in hers to calm her.
,,thank you" she smiles grateful ,,can you talk to her and make sure she's alright? I don't know how to."
,,Yeah I will but only if you will to. You will ha e to talk about personal stuff some day with her and she needs the both of us right know."
,,I can't Richard I don't know how to." Ellis tells him a bit panicked.
,,Sure you do. Just listen to what she has to say and try to understand and help her. Not as her boss and not as a surgeon. But as her mother. Just think about what you would do. I'm sure she will appreciate it." He smiles at her.

The next morning
I wake up because someone keeps pushing me. I slowly and annoyed open my eyes. ,,What? I told you don't have to be at the hospital until 4pm so please let me sleep and go without me." But my mothers stays seated at my bed and looks at me ,,I know but I wanted to Ehe talk to you." she tells me while she's shifting uncomfortable on  my bed. Oh dear lord I thought what is coming now. ,,Look I know I was drunk and I am aware that I have to study hard to become a surgeon but.." before I can continue she cuts me of ,,Meredith I didn't came here to lecture you. I took the morning of to talk to you and to ..... apologize." She tells me. I sit up in my bed and try to process the words that she just said my mother The great Ellis grey wanted to apologize? And she took her morning off to do that? I quickly tried to remember what exactly I said to her before I went to bed. I can't remember but whatever it was it has been hurting her and maybe she realized something. ,,What time is it?" I ask yawning. ,,2 pm you slept enough you can't be that tired." she told me with a stern voice and that was my who I recognized. ,,So you said some things yesterday. We both said some things yesterday. And I realized that I should talk to you." I just sat there and listend because I was still pretty mad at her. ,,Meredith I only want the best for you. For you carrier AND your personal live. And I know it may not seem like this all the time, but I just want you to succeed." She looked down. I never saw my mother like this and I know this was important for her. ,,I just... I don't know how to talk to you. Your father is so good at it and it always seems so easy but i just I don't know how to. I'm an excellent surgeon but I'm a horrible mother. I know that. I know I'm pretty hard in you but I just want you to at your best. And I want you to achieve all the things you want. I do care about you and I do love you. I may not said it as much as Richard does but I do. And I want you to know that." I just sit there with tears in my eyes. I know I should still be mad at her but I know how hard it must be for to sit here, talking about her feelings and admitting that she as wrong. ,,Mom I know you love me and I love you to it's just...." I try to find the right words. ,,It's good that you push me sometimes but at some point you need to stop. I know at work you're my boss but in the OR yesterday? I had no business to be in there. But I wanted to be because I thought if I don't I would disappoint you. And Cristina saved the patient and was right.  Dr. Torres only told me I just do it because you're the chief. It's just not a great feeling to know that you're embarrassed of me because of something like that." hell it was really good to let that all out. Sweet little Meredith was yesterday now it was time to turn into confident adult Meredith! ,,I know. And I'm sorry and you have every right to be mad at me I know. I will try to do better. I promise." and then she did something Ellis Grey never did with the exemption of Richard of course. She hugged me. Only like 10 seconds but it was enough. I smiled and she smiled back. ,,And I'm really sorry about Alex and April." she tells me and my smile quickly faded. Right there was something. ,,But..." she stood up ,,I will go to work now and your dad told me he make you they will not get easy off the hock. I promise." not the old Ellis was back I was glad but disappointed at the same time. ,,okay and mom" she turned around ,,thank you" I say ,,your welcome. See you at work" and with that she turned around and left for work.

______________________________________________________________________________________
Hey third chapter and 2100 words
This was also the first ,,real" chapter which I completely wrote myself so let me know what you think.
Lots of love:)