Chapter Thirty-One

LISA

Having spent nearly three hours in the mall of me running after Jennie here and there as she tried to escape me in any possible way, of course, is not a piece of cake thing, I feel extremely exhausted afterward.

Anyway, I don't know what to feel right now mentally, thinking back at the argument I had with Mino this morning. It makes me think a lot, but one thing for sure is I know that I am a little less intense. Less depressed. Less upset.

Thanks to her ex-boyfriend, I know that she hasn't slept with him yet. She just sent the message to hurt me before our wedding day. Since I have already realized it by now, I must be careful about that. She might do anything just for the sake of hurting me emotionally.

It makes me feel sad, but at least I am a bit relaxed and laid back by now, knowing she hasn't been there with him yet. Don't get me wrong, it's not just her body, but her heart as well that I want. I don't want anybody else to have their dirty hands on her.

"Stop smiling like a creep." Jennie mumbles with her head on the side of my car window. She doesn't look at me, yet I can't help but touch my lips.

Fuck.

I really am smiling.

I sigh, sitting up straight. "My mouth." I retort plainly.

She whips her head at me, glaring in confusion. "What?"

"I mean, I smile, and it's my mouth." I shrug, looking at the road. I know making her more pissed than she already did is not good, but I can't help it.

Oh my god. It is so funny.

Look at her flush cheeks, and pouting lips. I think she's adorable when she is a little mad.

You idiot. In fact, you think she is always adorable.

My mind mocks me, but I pay no attention to that. It's none of its business, so I don't need to care about that anyway.

"I can't believe it." She states after a while, and I just stay calm even though I have already prepared for what she is going to say next.

It's so fun when I kissed her ass at the mall as everyone laughed. I was so sure that she was going to kill me at that time right there and then, but luckily there were many people at the place.

Right now might be a good time for her, so I need to prepare. Otherwise, I might be just a corpse when I am at home.

Suddenly, she punches me on my shoulder with her tiny fist. "You kissed my ass in front of many people. I can't believe you are such a dirty little woman."

I snort, "Come on, Jennie. You know I am not little. Don't say that next time because you might as well insult yourself. Look at those tiny-"

My eyes trailing down her chest as I slow the car down because of the red light in front of us. She follows my gaze. Then, start to hit me after the car stops. "You bitch! You insulted my-"

"How can you!" She pinches my shoulder with all her force that makes me whine in response. "Ouch! Jennie, that's hurt."

"Serve you right."

She releases after seeing tears coming out of my eyes. My god, it stings badly.

"If I am that small...why did you marry me?" She says after calming down, looking at me straight into the eyes.

Her eyes are welling up.

God, I shouldn't have played too much. She really thinks that I am talking about her boobies. When I am about to say something, she looks away. Outside the window again.

I start the car after the green light appears. We continue to be silent all the way to our place as I get out of the car, and she literally runs to the room without saying a word.

After taking all the stuff inside, I walk to see her in our bedroom curling up inside the blanket. I hear her sobbing as I walk closer. I don't know my supposedly fun joke really insulted her this much.

What was I thinking?

That she would find me funny and go back to me like before?

For fuck sake, I took her away from someone she loves.

I sit at the edge of the bed, taking the blanket off her as she turns away. I know she's crying. She doesn't want me to see her red eyes right now, but I need to make it clear.

Standing up, I explain. "Jennie, I was not insulting you. It's supposed to be a joke."

She doesn't reply.

I sigh. "Whether you want to hear my explanation or not, I want to make it clear to you. That Lisa doesn't take you back because she wants to insult you. She takes you back because that idiot left you, broke you, and she wants to make it right. She wants to know if your heart still has her like she always does for you. She wants to make it up to you, and about the unintended insult earlier, it's not about that at all. She had no intention to call you that. To hurt you more than you already are because when you cry, she hurts herself more than you think she is. Whether you believe it or not, it's true." I walk to the door when she doesn't say anything, but at least she stops crying.

A few more words and I am done. "Lisa takes you back not because you are the most beautiful girl in the world. Well, you are in her eyes. However, the most important part is she loves you. She still does love you. Put your hand on your left chest. There is where it makes her love you the most. Nothing can compare to that."

Then, I leave.

Hopefully, I don't sound like the nerd I used to be.