Chapter 5: When two worlds collide

Merediths POV:

I felt my eyes flutter open slightly as i stretched and glanced around me. I sensed a warm arm wrapped around my body clutching me tightly.
"What time is it" i whispered to myself reaching over to the table with my pager on it.
4:00 am "shit". I twisted my hand around Addisons arm and pulled it off slowly trying not to wake her up. She rolled onto her side and breathed loudly but did not wake up. "Thank god" i whispered as i crept off the edge of the bed pulling my dress back on.

I folded Addisons clothes and placed them onto the table. I watched her sleep for a minute before unlocking the door and sliding out of the room. I felt like a ridiculous teenager trying not to get caught although that's exactly what I was doing, i could not get caught. I paced quickly through the corridors and into the locker room. I began to throw my scrubs on and scraped back my hair into a ponytail.
"Long night" called a voice from behind my locker.
"Excuse me" i said with a puzzled look across my face.
I saw the shadow of the figure emerge from behind my locker. "Callie what are you doing in here" i asked slightly startled.
"I came in here to get George's books for him since i was on call tonight" she replied looking at me with her eyebrow raised slightly.
"Oh ok"
"You look flushed Meredith, you might want to splash your face with cold water" she smiled staring my pathetic self up and down. She giggled under her breath clearly having her suspicions on what happened tonight.
"Are you ok Callie" i asked shielding myself behind the door of my locker so i could take off my dress and put on my scrubs.
"Yes of course i am. want to tell me what happened tonight"
"What nothing i was just sleeping in the on call room until i was paged" i croaked going red in the race even more.
'Could she really have know where i was tonight? Had Addison told her about our little... Encounters.'

I shook it off and placed my blue scrub top over my head. "Whatever you say grey" she huffed shutting the door on her way out.
I let out a deep breath of relief as i heard the door shut. "Fuck, I'm screwed" i yelled grabbing a granola bar from my locker and rushing out of the room.

I paced down to the pit where Bailey was stitching up a patient. "Quiet tonight" i said approaching her.
"Yes its not usually like this but its a nice break" she replied snipping the thread sticking out of a guys head. "You get a good nap in grey" she asked giving me the side eye.
I chocked.
"Um yes it was very" i paused "re-energising".
"Good you'll need it since your at work all day today" she huffed walking over to the E.R desk.
"Yes I'm very well rested" i lied going in to a quiet room to do some paper work.

Addisons POV:

I woke up to the feeling of emptiness. The naked intern who had lay down in bed with me was gone. I was alone. Sweaty and warm in a dark on call room.
My body tingled from the events a few hours ago and i smiled knowing that i'd had Meredith Grey in bed with me.
"Shit" i hissed. Why was I thinking about her. We said what we wanted to say. We had sex. Really amazing, mind blowing, passionate sex but thats not the point. We were complete. Our attraction had been satisfied and now we could move on with our lives as colleges. Friends even.

I threw on my crumpled clothes and emerged from the dingy room. The light from the corridor was blinding and it caused my eyes to ache. My feet moved themselves down to the lounge and out the doors of Seattle grace. "See you in a couple of hours" i laughed before hesitantly walking over to my car.
It still had droplets on it from Merediths dress when i sat her on the hood.
I wondered where she might be and i wanted to ask her why she left without waking me but i left it. I turned the keys and drove in the direction of the trailer to Derek.

'Oh shit Derek!'. My thoughts yelled. I hadn't thought about him all night and i realised i was going home to him after cheating on him. Again. This time after sleeping with his ex girlfriend.
I stopped the car on the edge of a sidewalk contemplating whether or not to continue driving. I decided to head to the trailer as i figured Derek would have no idea so it shouldn't be too hard keeping this little secret from him. Well this big secret.

I turned my key in the door as i pushed it open gently. "Your home late" he croaked poking his head out of the covers.
"Yeah um a patient needed me" i stammered taking my shoes and coat off.
"You should get some sleep" he said patting the empty space beside him.
I was surprised that he was so inviting. Normally when i got home we would sit in almost silence and i would lie as far away from him as possible. 'Maybe he's making an effort' i thought whilst changing into a shirt and sweatpants.
I crawled into bed beside him and smiled awkwardly before turning off the lamp and saying goodnight.

I wasn't tired. I lay awake for a long time staring at the ceiling of Dereks trailer. I thought about Meredith and how amazing tonight had been. Part of me wished it could happen all over again. And again. And again.
I didn't want to let it go. She was different and exciting and so beautiful. She cared about me but she didn't fawn over me like a lost puppy which was refreshing.

My mind was so clouded with guilt and loneliness and confusion about this girl 'no this can't happen' I reassured myself.

After about two hours my eyes finally closed.

I awoke a couple of hours later to the sound of Derek clashing pans by the sink. The bed was right next to the kitchen so any noise that came from it was very loud. "Derek" i huffed scraping my hair out of my face. "Shut up its 7 am".
"Breakfast Addison. Breakfast" he exclaimed with a childish beam across his face. I knew that look. "You've been fishing haven't you?" I asked dreading his response.
His answer was simple. His hand reached into a bag beside him as he pulled out a large silver fish. A dead fish.
"Ew gross" i whined wrapping my robe around me.
"See breakfast" he said laying it out on the chopping board.
"Ill pass" i grunted getting ready to head back out to the hospital. I was supposed to have had the night off as I wasn't technically on call but i had been busy at the hospital doing. Things.
I grabbed my purse and my keys before pecking Derek on the cheek and leaving.

I arrived at work in time for rounds as i walked up to the I.C.U to greet the interns. My eyes darted between them scanning for Meredith but she wasn't there.
"Doctor Shepherd" Karev called breaking me out of my haze.
"Right sorry, get to it then" i snapped practically pushing them into the first patient room.
It was my turn for rounding so once we were done i had a little time to kill before my morning surgery.

(3 rd person: no ones POV)

"Doctor Montgomery" Meredith called approaching the red haired woman from the end of the hallway.
"Yes" the attending replied spinning around to the sound of the interns voice. "Where did you go last night" Addison asked pulling Meredith to one side.
"I checked the time and had to go and see Bailey in the pit" Meredith explained swiping a stray hair from her face.
"Oh, ok well we should probably talk"
"Ye good idea" Meredith agreed pulling them both into an empty supply closet beside them.

"Really? In here" Addison huffed smoothing out her lab coat.
"Get over it" Meredith smiled leaning against the door. "Ok so talk"
"Well about last night, first of all it was a complete mutual experience, secondly it will never happen again and thirdly whatever things that were said last night remain a secret and were nothing more than a crush right?" Addison rambled edging unconsciously closer to Meredith. Her head was leaning over Merediths as she stared deep into her eyes begging for an answer.
"Of course. I completely agree" Meredith replied looking up at Addison.
"Don't do that" Addison remarked moving back away from the blonde woman.
"Do what" Meredith teased walking forward and placing her hand on Addisons arm.
Addison shook it off.
"That" she glared walking past her and opening the door.
"Doctor grey" she addressed quietly before heading confidently out the door.

Meredith waited for a minute to make sure no one caught them together but she was stopped before she could even touch the handle. The door creaked open again as Addison slipped back inside.
She placed her hand on the side of Merediths face and kissed her gently. Meredith kissed her back pushing her up against the door. Her hands roamed Addisons clothed body resting her fingers on the woman's hips. Addison pulled away gently. "For good luck" she whispered as her mouth brushed the lobe of Merediths ear. Before Meredith could reply Addison had walked out leaving the intern flushed and loopy with the taste of her kiss still lingering on her cherry lips.