Chapter Three: Reunion and Meeting

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Park?" Taehoon called out.

"It's nice to see you to grandma!" Shinji said lightly taking his grandma's hands from his face. He turned around whilst rubbing his cheeks and saw Taehoon with his luggage at the door. "Thank you very much Taehoon-shi"

"No problem. I'll be taking my leave now. Have a nice day" Taehoon said bowing to him and the others before leaving their home. 

Shinji turned around to face his family and his grandmother quickly grabbed his hands and began leading him towards the nice sofa. It wasn't until he sat down that young man really began looking inside the interior. Everything was very modern, the colour palette being mostly either white or black, with a couple of plants for some eye popping colour. 

"Jaeyoung, it's been so long. How have you been?" Grannie Mijoo asked with a concerned look on her face. Kirika took a seat next to Shinji and looked at him with concern as well. He suspected this question would come up when he got here.

"I've been good grannie. It's been difficult living by myself in Toronto but... I made it through. Even got my degree" Shinji explained. Grannie Mijoo clapped her hands in glee. "How about you two? I hope everything has been okay"

"Oh you don't have to worry about us. I'm sure you living by yourself in Canada was way harder. Seolji here would never stop asking about you when she got here you know?" Grannie Mijoo blurted out and all of a sudden Kirika began to turn red. "Ah! Where is oppa? Is he okay? She even started talking in Japanese saying onii-chan this onii-chan that!"

"GRANDMA!" Kirika screamed only for Shinji to laugh and pat her on the head.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of Seolji. It was quite cute" Grannie Mijoo said with a smile, but Kirika could only hide her face in embarrassment. "Besides that was years ago. Nothing to be embarrassed about."

"I'm glad you missed me that much Kirika" Shinji said ruffling her hair only for her to swat his arm away with a smile. 

"Anyways." Kirika started trying to stray away from the topic. "What kind of people did you meet in Toronto?"

"What do you mean?" Shinji replied.

"Well... We were just going through our normal routines when suddenly men in suits were at our apartment. I honestly thought they were gangsters... It was terrifying..." Kirika began, "But then they told us that we were being moved to another home. We thought they were joking or it was prank but then--"

"Omo! We saw Ironman!" Grannie Mijoo interjected.

"Tony was here?" Shinji thought.

"Yes! Tony Stark showed up and told us we were being relocated to a new home. Before we could ask him, he just said 'This a thank you from me to you. Shinji has done a great deal for me, this is the least I can do' and left." Kirika finished.

"How did you end up meeting someone like Tony Stark!? Thats insane!" Kirika jumped in her seat in excitement.

"I shouldn't tell them because i'm Spider-Man right? Yeah thats definitely a bad idea. What should I say? Oh right!" Shinji thought of a pretty good idea. It's a good thing he was in Bio-Engineering. "I was interning at Stark Industries. I was lucky enough to be chosen by Mr. Stark himself."

Gasps were coming from the two women. They smiled at each other and held hands in excitement over Shinji's lap. Shinji could only awkwardly smile, even though interning wasn't completely a lie. His Bio-Engineering skills really did help him out. Especially with making his own suit.

"Oh right I wanted to ask you two something." Shinji said, coming in-between the two women. "So the guy from before. The person who brought in my luggage and drove me here?"