Okay the angst is on.

Evans POV:

After Jared and Is 'fight', we ordered our drinks and food.

Jared got French toast (which still isn't better than pancakes) and a coffee, and I got the kids pancakes (the better choice) and a small hot cocoa.

Yeah, I'm pretty childish when it comes to food.

Someone walked over to us, holding a tray with our food.

Their name tag had 'Talyn' with a cat sticker in the left corner.

They placed everything down silently on the table, "Enjoy your food." they said with a small smile. (I have no idea how to write them-)

"Thank..you..." I trailed off awkwardly as they walked away.

Yeah fuck it. Take another time skip.

We both finished eating, and we were waiting for someone to come and take our plates so we could pay and leave.

"Was your disgrace of a meal good?" I teased, gesturing to Jared's plate.

"Yup. Way better than yours will ever be." He shot back, narrowing his eyes.

I let out a breathy laugh, pulling out my phone. "Shut up," I said as I pressed my thumb to the bottom.

It unlocked.

I need to check my notifications.

I have 6 of them, which is probably the most I've gotten in the last year.

2 from my mom, 1 from Cynthia, and 3 from Zoe.

God my hands are shaking so bad.

"You okay?" I heard as Jared placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Oh! Yeah, uh...fine. Just...checkin' the ol' notifs! Never mind, that sounded better in my head." I shook my head, completely embarrassed.

He looked concerned, but he took his hand off of my shoulder and gave a quick nod.

I gripped my phone tight, my knuckles going white as I bit my lip.

Who should I click on first?

Cynthia.

She knows the least about everything that's happened.

I clicked on her contact, a large paragraph waiting for me.

"Hi honey, I heard what happened from Zoe... I also got the Alert. We're all very worried about you. Hopefully you're doing as good as you can, with the passing of Alana and everything.. Sending lots of love. We hope you're okay. Please try to message me back when you get the chance. Bye Evan." The message read.

God, she's such a good person.

If anything, I hope she's doing okay.

She's had to go through so much lately, and I couldn't imagine she's doing the best.

I felt guilt catch my throat, making me swallow thickly.

Oh god what did we do.

I heard muffled talking as I pretended to be busy on my phone.

I think it was Jared and the person who was helping us pay our bill, but I was too engrossed in my phone to look up.

I reread the text at least 5 times, if not more.

Why is this woman so nice to me, and why do I deserve all of this...attention from her? From her family??

That's the thing.