Remember from one of the earlier chapters where Jared had a set of secrets/rules that Evan doesn't know about?? Yeah. We'll get back to that in this chapter.

Evans POV:

I woke up, my back hurting and Jared laying on top of me, quietly snoring.

I looked out the window, trying to find out what time it was from the sun.

About 9am.

I sighed, having no way to get up without disturbing Jared.

He mumbled something, looking up at me.

"Mornin'." He whispered.

"Good morning." I gave him a soft smile.

He got off of me, sitting in the other seat and stretching a bit, yawning.

I did the same, my back cracking as I groaned in pain.

"Hm, painful!" I said as if I were in a tv advertisement.

Jared let out a soft chuckle, making me blush in the slightest.

"So uh, wadda' you wanna do today?" I asked, sitting up and leaning on the window to prevent from getting dizzy.

"I don't know." He seemed deep in thought.

"Want some water? There's some up in the front seat." He asked, reaching to grab a bottle for himself, and lingering a bit.

"Yeah, please." I nodded as he tossed one to me.

It clattered to the ground at my failed attempt of catching it, my whole body tensing up in embarrassment.

"Shit." I mumbled as I leaned down, picking the bottle up and opening it with a satisfying click, confirming that the seal was broken.

I took a sip, the cold liquid trickling down my chin as I chugged it. I would've choked if I didn't completely finish it first.

"I found that strangely hot." Jared piped up, making me cough a bit and look at him with wide eyes.

"Pardon-" I said as my voice cracked.

"Just sayin'." He shrugged as he opened up the car window, a bird flying out of one of the nearby trees.

"Bye bitch!" He yelled at said bird.

I chuckled a bit, getting out of the car too and taking in a deep breath of fresh air.

"It's nice out." I spoke, going around the car to the front, laying down on the hood of it and taking in the sunlight.

My slightly healed scars gleamed in it, making my hands sweat in the slightest.

Never again.

He layed next to me, staring up at the clouds and smiling a bit.

"This would be an adorable moment if it hadn't been caused by the fucked up things that've happened in the last few days." Jared said as he curled onto me, taking in a soft sigh.

I nodded in agreement, wrapping an arm around his shoulders as we sat on the hot metal of the car.

"It's nice out today." Jared whispered as the wind rattled the trees that surrounded us.

"Yeah, it is." I said a bit louder than him.

Jareds POV:

I sat up, getting out of Evans grasp and taking off my hoodie.

Idiot.

What?

Uhhhhh your scars???

Holy. Shit.

And now it's to late. Quick. Pretend nothing is wrong.

On it.

Evan glanced over at me as I tied the hoodie around my shoulders.

My dad used to do this with his hoodies sometimes during cookouts.

It was a very dad-ish look.

But it was fitting.

He didn't say anything out loud, but his worried expression said everything.

I glanced over at him too as we made eye contact.

His face looked as if he was asking 'Are you okay..?'.

I gave a half hearted smile, nodding and wrapping my arms around my chest, hugging myself.

We seemed to be at an agreement that yes, we both in fact have done things.

Things that we regret.

Or at least I do.

I think he regrets doing it just as much as you do.

Yeah...maybe...

I heard him let out a sad sigh next to me, looking at the sky.

"You alright?" I asked, putting a hand on his shoulder and giving him a concerned look.

"Kinda," He said in a quiet tone. "I've just been thinking about that conversation we had yesterday." He whispered guiltily.

"Oh, yeah, me too." I lowered my tone to make ours the same volume.

You haven't thought about it since last night. So shut up.

But I still thought about it!!

"Do you wanna still..."

I've got nothing to loose.

Except for the life that I haven't cared for since middle school.

I nodded, looking over to him once again.

"Do you think we should?" He asked once again, but having more to go off of if he were to guess.

"If you think so, then I'm all on board." I shrugged without a care in the world.

"One last day?" He asked.
"One last day." I echoed.

So uh, next chapter is maybe the last chapter. I'll update it soon.