Chapter 75

Never let success get to your head and never let failure get to your heart

They were alone in the bedroom like every other night, this time Jungkook decided to head to bed at a decent time instead of staying up late, editing videos. He laid awake for a while, staring at his ceiling, he kept looking to the side where Hana slept on the pullout bed, wondering if she was still awake.

This went on for a good few minutes before he wracked up the courage.

"Hana, are you still awake?" He asked softly in case she was asleep.

To his surprise, he heard her shift in bed before sitting up to lean against his bedside, her arms crossed, her chin laying on her hand with a pout.

"Unfortunately I am." She sighs.

Hana hadn't been sleeping well lately, the stress of multiple things hadn't gone away and it ate at her at night.

"Oh— uh." Jungkook suddenly felt flustered, like he wasn't ready to ask but since he was here already he had to. "Do you remember those tickets I got from that lady at the mall?"

He visibly saw her face lit up even in the dark. She nodded enthusiastically.

He ruffled his hair out of nervousness, biting his lip. "Would you maybe, want to go with me?" He asked before meeting her eyes again.

"Like a date?" She smiled widely at him.

"Date?! Uh—"

Jungkook cursed himself internally, as to why he was the one that was flustered instead of her. He heard her soft flutter of laughter.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." She shyly smiled up at him, but her eyes telling him otherwise with that piercing gaze.

"N-no! Not at all I was just surprised that— actually would you have said yes if it was a date?" He asked curious.

She chuckled again, his cheeks flushed hit because of the darkness he thanked that she couldn't see him embarrassed.

"Kookie, of course. I'd love to go on a date." She beamed at him. "Just let me know when alright?" She winked at him before disappearing back down on her bed, only her waving hand visible to him now.

"Ninight Kookie."

He was grinning ear to ear.

"It's a date then."

So that's where they were today, they were two weeks into prepping their performances and he honestly had to fight his way into getting this free time from his Hyungs but he managed to convince them over the fact that the tickets were rare and if he didn't use them, they would expire and be a waste.

Hana wore a dress today with a leather jacket on top, since it was still cold. Jungkook was flustered seeing her dressed so feminine for once without her usual streetwear, she even wore makeup for once outside of performances and it was light and pretty.