Chapter 5- Date Night Celebration

-6 weeks later-

Kelly is now 8 weeks post-op since his operation. He has completed his physical therapy course with flying colors and has received constant support from Stella. Kelly is going back for an appointment with Dr. Halstead hoping to get the all clear to go back to work again, and resume all physical activities.

-at the doctors apointment-

Dr. Halstead: Hi Kelly, how are you feeling?

Kelly: I am feeling great, I am ready to go back to work.

Dr. Halstead: Well, going by the assessment given at your physical therapy it looks like you should be able to return to doing all physical activities and work.

Kelly: That sounds great!

Dr. Halstead: Let me go get you a form to give to Chief Boden so you can return to work.

Kelly: Okay.

Dr. Halstead: I have your form, I have already signed the form, I just need your signature right here.

Kelly: Okay.

Dr. Halstead: Well you are good to go, and Kelly be careful I don't want to see you in here again.

Kelly: Will do.

Kelly drives home to go and tell Stella the good news.

Kelly opens the door and sees Stella sitting on the couch.

Stella: Well how did the appointment go?

Kelly: I got cleared for all physical activities and active duty!

Stella: Kelly this is amazing! I think this call for a special celebration.

Kelly: We don't have to.

Stella: Yes we do Kelly. I think we should have a date night tonight.

Kelly: I like the idea of that, where would we eat?

Stella: What about we do somewhere special? What do you think about Swift & Suns? 

Kelly: I love that idea, want to go at 7?

Stella: That sounds perfect, I'll go make the reservations.

Stella makes the reservations for the date. She then sits on the couch and kisses Kelly on the lips. She feels his arms hug around her. She leans her head on Kelly.

Stella: You said you were cleared for all activities right?

Kelly: Yeah, why?

Stella: Well, I just had a thought. Maybe when we get home from our date night we can have a little celebratory fun.

Kelly: Oh, I like where this is going. 

Stella: Save it for tonight, I want it to be special.

Kelly: Fine, I hope this night goes quickly.

Stella: Me too.

Author's note- sorry the part was so short, the part (s) I make tomorrow will be longer.