Chapter 1.0 - the circle of idiots

George and a few of his siblings go out to eat... with Dream.

Nothing could possibly go wrong.

—————

OMG- I AM SO SORRY!

I got so distracted with catching up on school work I forgot to hit post I'm such a dummy :( apologise to all the people who thought my uploads were consistent uhhh at least I tired

Ps. Your comments are so sweet and funny oml all of you pls marry me platonically and adopt a child called Michael with me this instant <3 thank you

[unedited bc my pc broke and life is Spain w/out the s rn]

—————
"Are you dating anyone, Mr. Dream?" Niki's big eyes looked up from her bowl of spaghetti, watching the five men around her all stiffen. "What? Can I not ask that?"

"Niki, you can't-"

"No," Dream cut George off, speaking directly to the girl. "I spent all my life studying, I'm one of the youngest Professors in America. I don't have time to date."

"Time? But you already became a teacher!" She looked to Alex, who silently encouraged her to continue, stiffing a laugh. "My brother George is single-"

"Okay!" George jumped in, shoving garlic bread in her mouth. "Enough of that."

The eldest laughed at how flushed George had become, continuing to eat "I don't do relationships." He followed, looking down at his meal before smiling, "and I'm four years older than your brother. It's a bit of a stretch."

"Hey, man. Love is love." Alex rolled up his taco, shoving it into his mouth. His smile was wide.

Sam watched in awe as he attempted to eat the whole thing, before trying the same with his own food. But Darryl was more sensible than that, and he grabbed a fork to be polite. "He's right. My bo-GIRL friend is like, five years younger than me. And h-she, is like, super cool with it." No body brought up the sweat dripping from his forehead. Soon he would realise his obvious he was.

"I guess your right, but your brother is a student. It would be inappropriate-"

"Not if it was love!" Niki finally coughed up, swallowing the last bite of bread and attracting the whole seating area of students to look their way.

George internally cried, "I'm literally sat right here, idiots. And I'm not dating Mr. Dream, so move on."

"Not yet." Muttered Alex, sliding a small piece of paper over to Dreams plate. When George lunged to grab it, Sam had held him back. And now the man was reading the writing, a strange face forming.

"What are you telling him now?"

"Nothing!" The boys chuckled, changing topics, "After this can we go to the lawyer part of college? I wanna be rich."

"You'll never be a man of the law! You smoke so much weed-"

"Hey, that's medical okay? I'm a holy man-"

"What?!?"

The kids argued between themselves, but George wasn't paying attention. His eyes glued to Dreams hand, the one that held the crumpled bit of paper with such force. His tensed fingers, red tipped and strong... How would he get it off him, without the man noticing?

"Kids, come on." Dream stood up, chair screeching back. "We're done, right? How about I show you round."

"Yes! I want to do art!" Niki jumped to her feet, clinging to Dream shirt sleeve. George attempted to pull her off, but dreams face was dark as he shook his head.