Chapter 2

"Ooo my lucky day!" I walked over to the balcony and stood out to look at the view.
Right, when I walked out I heard people yelling from a distance, "Hey there!" one said I turned my head as I saw two young men standing there on the tennis court.
"Oh hi!" I shouted back.
"So you are a new neighbor huh?" One asked.
"Yup! Haha.." I responded.
"Well, I guess I'll introduce myself my name is Lyle." the guy on the right said.
"And I'm Erik!" the guy on the left added.
"Well, my name is Aubrey!" I shouted
"Nice to meet you, Aubrey!" Lyle shouted.
"Nice to meet you guys too!" I said as I sat on the balcony chair.

Lyle's POV
I and Erik were practicing some tennis when I noticed a young girl probably Erik's age walking out the balcony of her house. And we started to talk a little introducing ourselves. She seemed pretty humbled and I thought she was beautiful.

Erik's POV
I went back to playing tennis with Lyle and he looked over.
"The new neighbor is hot," Lyle said.
"Ugh, " Please you like everyone," I added as I there the ball back to Lyle.
"Is she?" Lyle asked.
"Well. She's pretty but I still don't know her yet." I said walking over to the bench.
"We should get to meet here.." Lyle said.
"She seems like a humble person.." I responded.

Y/n Pov
I laid on my bed and saw that same picture I was looking at earlier, the one with me and Alex on my 5th birthday. If only she was here I said crying. As I was crying I heard knocking on my door, probably my mom. I opened the door to see mom. "Here's your food." she handed me and slammed the door shut. why even cry about Alex. She probably partying having the best time ever without me. I got up and went to the car. I guess I'll make new friends. I went to my new school's campus. "Beverly Hills Middle/High school." nobody was there except for me, I decided to stay there for a little and pulled a cigarette from my pocket as I lit it up and inhaled. Meanwhile smoking I saw one of the young men I met earlier, I pretty sure It was Lyle coming towards me. Right as he walked towards me I pretend I did not see him.
"Seems like somebody smokes?" he said.
I laughed, " is it shocking?" I said while looking at his eyes. They were both red like he'd been crying or tired.
"Not really, " he said as he sat next to me.
"So what brings you here?" he said as he lit another cigarette.
"Nothing much just checking in on my soon-to-be school," I responded as I threw my cigarette into the next trash to me.
"Haha, yeah I go to this school too, " he added as he inhaled his cigarette.
"What grade?" I asked.
"Sophmore, how about you?" he asked.
"Oh really?? I'm a freshman," I added
"Oh seems convenient? He chuckled.
"Haha, yea! I said as I laid my head on his shoulder.
"And you were surprised I smoke?" I laughed.
"It's not surprising. Do you want to smoke?" he asked.
I grabbed his cigarette and inhaled and exhaled.
"Oh my gosh, what time is it!" I said lifting my head from his shoulder.
He looked at his watch and responded, "9 pm, why."
"Oh my gosh, "I am late for curfew I told him.
"I'll catch up to you later! I told him as I waved bye.
"Hold up, " he grabbed my hand and touched my face "have you been crying?"
"No, I said I did not want him to worry about me.
"Oh ok let me go and he said, "goodbye then!"
I walked to my house worrying that my dad notice I was gone.

Lyle's POV
When I was going to the school just to check up I saw Aubrey smoking. Kinda surprising but I noticed meanwhile talking to her I noticed that it look like she was crying. She said nothing but I knew she was lying, I did not want her to get more sad talking about it so I just let it go.

Y/n POV
As I walked towards my house I saw dad sitting on the stairs of the house, waiting for me. I knew he would probably be mad so I decided to enter from the back door. But that was a bad decision because once I entered the house I saw mom standing in front of me,
"haha, you thought you are slick." Mom said.
"Mark!! Aubrey is here." Mom shouted.
Dad ran over and grabbed my arm tightly.
"You're late for curfew?" Why is that!" he yelled.
"I was just going to my new school.." I mumbled.
"Yeah sure.. go to your room and get ready for school tomorrow!" he yelled.
I ran upstairs and into my bedroom.
Luckily he did not catch me smoking if he did he probably have killed me.
I went to take a shower, when I came back I looked in the mirror I saw a huge handprint on my wrist from when dad grabbed me. It's not that big I told myself as changes in my PJs and brushed my teeth. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better as I drifted to sleep.
When I woke up it was 10 am, hmm I still got at least 3 more hours until school I said to myself and got up, for today's fit I put on a white crop top, black jeans, and a black coat on top. I grabbed my backpack and grabbed myself a muffin and walked outside. Right when going outside I saw Lyle sitting in front of his house I guess waiting for Erik since I did not see him there.
Lyle waved and came over to me. " hey uh can you drive me and Erik to school? Our dad took away our car.." he asked.
"Uh sure, why not?" I responded.
"Thanks!" he smiled.
Once Erik came out of his house Lyle called him over.
"Erik here!" he yelled.
He rams over and I could tell something was wrong because he looked really sad, but I did not question it. Thinking he was probably tired. I started the car and I guess Lyle notice the handprint on my arm because he touched my arm and asked, " Hey, what happened here he asked meanwhile examining it."