Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Oɴᴇ

Start from the beginning

"C'mon guys I'm sure the die will turn up." Will glanced at the other three, getting to his feet. Genie copied his actions, soon followed by Dustin and Lucas.

Will's eyes suddenly lit up and he grabbed something from the ground. "Found it! Does a seven count?"

"Did Mike see it?" Lucas asked. Will shook his head. "Then it doesn't count."

"Yo, hey guys, does anyone want this?" Dustin held up the box with the single slice of pizza left in it. Genie laughed.

"I thought you were giving it to Nance?"

"Only because I want to. Not because of anything you said." He said stubbornly, jogging up the stairs.  Another laugh escaped Genie's lips as she dragged Will and Lucas along behind her up the stairs.

"I can't believe Nancy Wheeler turned out like that." Genie shook her head, slowing her pace.

"Better be careful, Gen, or you might end up like her. Dating some douchebag, no offence, and spending all day in your room." Will jokes, skipping up a step to walk beside her.

"I have an idea of who she's gonna end up dating." Lucas snickered earning a glare from Will and a confused glance from Genie. "She already does the second one.  I can tell because she always forgets about the campaigns that Mike tells Nancy to tell Steve to write on the calendar." He finished, covering up for his previous statement.

"Hey! I'm here right now!  And Steve doesn't write anything on the calendar." She exclaimed, shooting her friend a look.

"What are you guys taking about?" Mike came to meet them at the top of the stairs. As if on cue, Dustin came back down the stairs with the pizza box.

"You're sister.  She's got a stick up her butt." Dustin complained walking with the group to the front door.

Genie swung the door open and left the house with the boys behind her.

"Yeah, it's 'cause she's been dating my douchey brother.  I love him but sometimes he's a popular high school boy." Genie scowled, swinging her leg over her bike.

As the five stood there, their headlights flickered strangely.  Genie payed as much attention to this as the boys did.

"Nancy's turning into such a jerk." Dustin shook his head, sitting on his bike.

"She's always been a jerk." Mike shook his head, his tone bitter. Genie laughed.

"Bye Mike." She said, riding off with the other boys behind her.

"See you!" He called back, his voice quiet as Genie rode farther away.

"G'night ladies." Lucas said turning down his driveway, Dustin shouting: "Kiss your mom goodnight for me!" teasingly.

"Night, Lucas!" Genie called, her voice quieter than Dustin's.

She biked further with the boys, listening as Dustin and Will made bets.

The cool night air bit at her skin and she shivered.  Her house wasn't all that far.

As she turned off down a separate road from the boys, she called: "Night!"

"Later Harrington!"

She turned down her driveway and parked her bike beside the door.  The outside light was still on so she hurried in quietly, slipping her jacket off and hanging it on a hook by the entry.

"How was the campaign?" A voice said from the stairs.  It was Steve.

"It was alright."

"Cool, you should probably head to bed, Genie."

Genie would argue but she was too tired.

"Yeah, night Stevey." She yawned and patted him on the shoulder as she trudged up the stairs to her room to get changed.

Genie laid in her bed glancing occasionally at her supercomm that sat on her bedside table. She wasn't allowed to talk to her friends over the comm at night.

She was fast asleep before she could think about much more, though.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

I'm gonna spice up S1 some more for y'all so just have patience.

I'm really excited to write S2, ik I just started S1 tho lmao.

I like doing A/ns I feel like it gives y'all a chance to get to know me and I like that
Oh and anything in bold will be an a/n!

Update: I've decided to update every week so yeah :)

Update part 2: I have no update schedule, it's being published when I'm bored.

See y'all in part two <3