1

You love writing letters, and even though you didn't have many people to send them, the smell of the new paper and the fine writing of the pen in black ink maked your mind felt less heavy.

Some of the thousands of letters that were throw on the table, were for you, letters that would never come out from there, letters that brought stories, outbursts, small daily joys and mainly, some fears. But neither all the letters were for you, you had at least one person to count on, for God's sake!

Running your hands over the newly written letter, you checked if the ink was still fresh, and for your relief, I wasn't. Your eyes dropped to the yellowed paper, repelling the words. You had this bad habit of forgetting easy words. It was important for this letter to look good, it was not any draft that you would read later, it was for a friend. You smiled at the result, it was great!

"Dear Philza,

I hope your trip with your friend has ended well!I am happy that you are back at home safe.Leaving the conversation aside and answering your question, I'm fine, as far as possible ... The village that is in the clearing to the east of the forest has been helping me with groceries and ingredients for potions, they are very kind people, and they have the best pumpkin pies that I've tried in my life! I hope that sometime you can visit me, so we can talk more calmly, I know it will be difficult ... Still, I expect your response to the invitation!

                                                                                                Sincerely, Witch"

You rolled up the letter and tied it with a shiny purple satin ribbon, your trademark after Phil decided to use all of your moss green ribbons as a form of identification. Getting up, you go to the window, and opens it, suddenly, the fresh scent of pine and lavender caught your attention. The glow of the still-weak light from the sun in the morning passed through the tiny holes in the wall of your purpled wood cottage, causing an effect on the floor of shiny stars, the wind and warmth waves came up, crashing against your body protected by warm pajamas. You sighed, that day looked different, maybe it was your lucky day, you could feel it inside your stomach! Or it was just hunger.

-Atlas, you need to work!

Your voice rang through the empty room and echoed until it was broken by an angry and numb peep. From a large cage of worn metal, Atlas chirped and squirmed, he was definitely irritated because he would have to take more letters, one of several that you and your blond friend exchanged each week. Taking his head off the feathers from his feathered chest, Atlas grunted in a way that only he could, and with his eyes half open, he stared his owner.

-Come on, Atlas! That's your job! You are a mensager bird, you were made for that!

The bird looked at her with disdain, do birds do that? He curled up again to go back to sleep.You walked over to the cage, unlocking it and opening the pretty big door. With the face of someone who had eaten a sour lemon and with your hands on your hips, you started.

-Come on your loose owl! You are not a day bird, but since you forced yourself to be, then at least do your job!

Atlas looked at her with a boring face before shaking his feathers and leaving the cage, he was already awake, and sadly, there was nothing he could do. You smiled and went to the table where you worked, taking out of one the drawers, a bag that was attached to Atlas's leg, which made the job easier, since it was more comfortable for him than to take the letter between the claws. Adjusting it on one of his legs, Atlas let out an 'hoot' and opened his wings. Putting the letter at last, you waved.

-Very well, Atlas! Now take this to Phil, and be discreet when you come home, they may still be looking for me...

You thought for a moment, before you smiled again and pointed at the open window.

-Maybe you get a present when you get back!

Your owl looked at you with hope, maybe you weren't just a madwoman who did magic, maybe you could serve him better.

-That if you don't break anything at Phil's house, do you remember the last vase?

Atlas made a 'hoot' and flew out of the open window, leaving you behind. For once in his life, he went to fulfill his work without causing a big fuss, but now it was time for you to start yours.