"I've fought all my life, and I'm not scared of death, I knew I had cancer, I more like suspect it due to—"

"You knew? And you didn't get yourself diagnosed?" she asked me, interrupting me, looking at me a little shocked.

"I couldn't, I refused to believe it as I refused to leave my baby behind. I've been lonely all my life. My mother died giving birth to me and my father never loved me. I had no one to love me. I don't want her to share the same fate as me. I don't want to let her down," I sobbed, telling her my fears.

"Even if I'm mad at you for denying your condition, I understand you, but again, Lina, you are not alone, you have me and Bob. And we love you. You and Zia are our family too. And nothing will happen to you, you will get your treatment and be well again, we will go through it all together," she said calmly, rubbing my arm soothingly. "Have you already organized your chemotherapy appointments?"

"I didn't," I muttered, looking down, shaking my head. "What? Why?" I heard her ask, sounding confused.

"I want my baby to be treated first before I start my treatment," I sniffed, wiping my tears away, I looked at her.

"Hold on, why can't you be both treated at the same time? If you don't want to leave her with her nanny for a long time, while getting treated, we'd take care of her," she said with a frown.

"It's not that, I just don't have the money to have the two of us treated at the same time. And I want her to be healthy as soon as possible," I explained her, feeling a little ashamed as I had spent all my spendings like I had no care in the world by buying always the best for us, spoiling Zia with vacations and every toy she wanted.

"You didn't save any money? On what did you spend all your earnings?" she asked me.

"Stupid things," I chuckled sadly, with a shrug, "I guess I spoiled my daughter and I too much ..."

"Alright, that's nothing we can't fix. We can give you the money," she suggested.

"No, I want to start fixing my problems myself," I said firmly. "Then, we can borrow you the money," she said with a sigh, trying to convince me to take the money.

"Thank you, but no, I'll get the money myself," I declined again.

"Seriously, no," she huffed, shaking her head, "just no, I won't sit back and do nothing while my best friend needs help. I'll not watch you struggle."

"Emma," I sighed, looking at her with a small smile, "I know you want to help me and I appreciate it, but I really want to start fixing my problems myself. I'll go to the bank tomorrow and ask for the credit for Zia's treatment. When she is fully treated and healthy, I will ask for another loan and start my treatment. So, I will not struggle, I'll only postpone my treatment for a month, I will be fine."

"Okay, but if they don't give you the credit, you will tell us! Then, we'll give you the money, and you can even pay us an interest if that'll make you feel better and more independent," she told me with a small smile.

"I will," I said with a faint smile. "How do you feel? Any pain?" she asked me worriedly. "I'm fine, I'm in no physical pain at least," I muttered.

"How long did you know you had Leukaemia?" she asked me with a frown. "For almost three weeks as my body felt sick and I was sweating profusely, especially at night, and bruising without hurting myself," I told her, "and I felt weaker each day, it made me feel weak ..."

"But you'll get stronger again, you will win against this damn disease! And you will have a long, healthy life with your daughter!" she told me encouragingly.

"I hope so too," I muttered with a sad smile. "How is Zia doing?" she asked me with a sigh. "She's fine now," I said, looking at her. "but she could be better if I had put more attention to her ..."