Chapter 17 "samson"

Hanjis POV

The past few days with Samson have been quiet....I wasn't going to rush anything and make him uncomfortable but I also feel bad....

Levi keeps cheering me up by saying he will warm up eventually but what if he doesn't....I want him to trust me....it's a lot to ask but I want him to feel happy and no pain...he's only 4 and he should be happy enjoying life....

He was raised a hard life...and I lived a hard life maybe we could possibly talk to each other....maybe.

We finished breakfast and he went to his room after cleaning his plate Levi had to go to work so we could have money for all of us.... so it was just me and Samson.

I knocked on his door wondering If I could come in....

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk?"

I heard him get up from bed and walk to the door... he opened it and looked at me.

I just stared at him and he walked to the bed leaving the door open....I walked in his room and sat next to him.

He stayed quiet....

"Samson I want your opinion on something..."

"Opinion?"

"Yeah...like how you feel about something"

"Oh..."

I sighed "do you like it here?"

He looked up At me and slowly nodded....I smiled....

"I'm glad you like it here....I'm sorry about what happened in your past....and I want you to know I'm always here to talk about it....like I said before I may not be your biological mother but I will certainly be the best mother I can too you...."

He looked at me and nodded "thank you....Mrs. hanji"

I smiled and pulled him close making him flinch "I should be thanking you...."

He looked at me confused "why?"

I smiled "because your a blessing to me that's why....."

He had a little blush then hugged me "r-really?"

I laughed "of course!"

I held him tightly "I've always wanted a kid and now I do so of course your a blessing"

He looked at me with little tears in his eyes "thank you!" He cried.

I smiled and rubbed his little head "your welcome Samson...."

After we had our moment Samson held onto my hand as we walked into the kitchen "wanna watch a movie and eat some popcorn?"

He nodded his little and I smiled "ok you can choose the movie while I make the popcorn ok!"

He nods and runs into the living room a few minutes later he comes back with one of my little naruto plushies.

"Can we watch naruto?" He asked politely.

My heart skipped a beat "you bet!"

He ran back into the living room and sat in the couch waiting for me. The popcorn finished and I put in a bowl for us to share.

I sat next to him as we played the first episode then he stopped me.

"I'm on episode 69....I watched it at my old home"

I smiled "ok" I put it on episode 69 and we begin to watch.

As we were watching I glanced over to him and saw him.....smiling it was the first time I saw him smile....

As we were watching he held onto to my kakashi plushie and then cuddled next to me watching the anime.

I smiled he looked happy and that's all I care about....I put my arm around him and pull him close....

After watching 10 episodes he fell asleep....I was on edge of falling asleep too, I soon joined him and fell asleep as well....

Levis POV

After a long day of work I was finally able to go home...I arrived home and saw a sight I didn't believe....

Samson was asleep next to hanji who was also asleep... I looked at the tv they were watching naruto and I guess they fell asleep.

I grinned and got a blanket for Them and let them sleep....

I went into me and hanjis room and began to read until one of them woke up.

It wasn't for awhile until I saw a little figure at the entrance. It was Samson and he was holding hanjis kakashi plushie.

I sighed "what's wrong?"

"Mr. Levi Im hungry"

I grinned "ok what would you like to eat?"

"Tacos....if that's alright"

I got out of bed and ruffled his hair "that's fine I'll make all of us some tacos"

He followed me and then watched me start cooking....

I grinned "wanna help?"

His eyes lit up and he nodded his head "s-sure"

"Ok I'll start some taco meat, do you think you could put some taco shells in the oven?"

He nods and gets the box of taco shells and grabs a pan to put them in.....he seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing.

I continued to watch him until he had the oven pre-heating and he placed the shells in the oven carefully.....I was surprised.

"Samson do you know how to cook?"

He looked at me and then frowned "I had to learn....or I was hit"

Hit?....oh yeah I forgot he was abused...."if It makes you feel uncomfortable you don't have to help...."

He looked at me and shook his head "no, no I like cooking....will you hurt me if I mess up?"

I sighed "no Samson I'm not gonna hurt you"

He nodded and kept his head down, I walked up to him and bent down to his level pulling him into a small hug....

"I'm sorry Samson about your past but know me and hanji will never abuse you.....I promise"

He looked at me with tears in his eyes "your like mrs hanji.....nice...."

I grin "thanks...kid"

He has a small smile on his face and he wipes his tears.

"Alright lets get cooking"

He nods and we began to finish the taco meat and rest of the food.

When we finished hanji woke up "what's cooking in here?" She yawned.

"Me and Samson made some tacos for dinner" I grinned ruffling Samson's hair.

Hanji smiles "well it smells amazing"

We all sat down at the table and began eating....it felt different....hanji was cracking dumb jokes like always and Samson....was laughing....it really did look like we were a happy family...