46. Dear Jungkook

Start from the beginning

The woman was stunned, completely frozen in her spot. Her eyes were blown wide and her mouth open, her fair skin was looking sickly green. And no words came out of her mouth again. Jeongguk, satisfied, pulled Taehyung by his waist to make him walk beside him toward the building again but before they could enter to safety, Taehyung halted in his steps making Jeongguk stop too.

The alpha turns his head to look at the omega. "Tae?"

Taehyung hesitates, creasing his eyebrows together. But he was there to trigger Jeongguk's emotions back, and he thought of the perfect way to do that while the alpha read his letters. "Can you come for a walk with me?"

Jeongugk stares at him for a moment and nods his head. "Okay."

Jeongguk stares with a light frown at their familiar surroundings. Bora Park holds so many memories in there, both beautiful and painful. Jeongguk and Taehyung shared their first kiss there and also shared their last goodbye. They had been holding hands, tightly, since the encounter with Jeon Chie, and Taehyung could feel the distress emanating from Jeongguk's scent.

"How did you know I was in trouble?" Taehyung asks, leading Jeongguk somewhere in the park.

Jeongguk glanced over him, holding his hand tightly while following him. "I was about to go up to my apartment but the thought of you going away all by yourself was messing with my mind"

"I was perfectly fine..."

Jeongguk rolled his eyes. "She threatened you by harming Namjoon and Jin back then?"

"You heard?" Taehyung asks, giving one glance over Jeongguk and then to the small wooden playhouse where they shared their first kiss, where they fed the kittens, and toward the swings where he broke Jeongguk's heart.

The alpha hummed. "You should have told me that..."

"What could you have done back then?" the omega asked looking at Jeongguk with curiosity.

"I don't know but I wouldn't had question your feelings for me..." Jeongguk said looking at Taehyung, the same stoic expression from before.

"I thought it was better for you to think I was a coward than you hating your mother..."

Jeongguk smiled at that. "You're a fool to think that. My mother has always been like that, taking advantage of others... she used me for the business all her life. And I assure you she is not worried for me now, she is just worried for the future of the Jeons Inc..." he explained giving a light squeeze to Taehyung's hand, then he lifts his gaze and stops abruptly at the sight of the playhouse, and the swings, and everything. "What...? What are we doing here?"

"Come push me..." Taehyung says, smiling with nostalgia at the alpha, and jogging towards the swings.

Jeongguk felt like deja-vu, paralyzed and frozen while staring at Taehyung sitting on one of the swings, the same one he sat on three years ago when he asked Jeongguk to push him before breaking his heart. Jeongguk had died in there, in that park.

"Please, Guk..."

Jeongguk walked toward him absentmindedly, he felt like he was in a trance, his mind in a daze whole his heart started to pound in his chest, fast and hard, throbbing in his throat and ears, and all his body. He stood behind Taehyung and started pushing him.

"You were always worth fighting for," says Taehyung, his voice coming out soft yet firm. "I thought I was fighting for you and my family when I left three years ago."

Jeongguk felt his heart squeezing inside, painfully. "I didn't know how far my mother went back then... I'm sorry she made you not have a choice but to do what you did..."