My dad layed by my side with his pajamas stroking his fingers into my wet hair and trying to calm me down. "Are you okay, Channie?" His soft voice made way into my ear and I nodded back.

"M' okay" his expression didn't change from his worried one as it only got worse once he heard the front door open. "Mommies home" I giggled out in excitement, my mindset not telling me to be scared of her. My body moved on it's own, quickly jolting up and rushing down the hall, my dad trying to get to me before I made it to the women.

"Channie, no" he whispered yelled for me to come to him, but I didn't go back to him once I saw the women standing at the doorway. Slipping off her shoes and placing her work bag down with a sigh.

"Mommy!" I yelled jumping onto her and hugging my arms around her neck.

She didn't say anything as she stood up and held me in her arms. I felt safe and comfortable as she walked into her work room to sit down on to her chair, still cradling me in her arms. "What did you do today, baby?" She asked strocking her fingers through the wet tassels of my hair.

I didn't have a filter back then so I told her the truth. "I thought... maybe mommy and daddy would be happy if I wasn't here. So, I tried to drown myself when I was taking a bath, but daddy stopped me."

She looked taken aback and her face scrunched in displeasure. "Why would you ever think I didn't want you? I love you so much, Chan" her voiced laced with fake enthusiasm, but I couldn't tell at the time.

That night I slepted in her bed with mom and dad snuggling me, making me feel reassured. But the next morning all those words that mom told me, I found out were a lie.

She didn't love me and she hoped I would have died. I heard her. I heard heard her yell this to dad and I started crying again. Did she really not love me?

●●●

A sudden knock on my door pushed me out of my thoughts. I had this scared feeling to open the door, but I should. I need to let new people into my life. Not everyone wanted me gone, and not everyone wanted to see me in pain.

"Chan, honey. Can we talk?"

Freezing once again I realized it wasn't Felix, but his mother. Standing up quickly I opened the door to let her in. A sweet smell of lavender came in as her work attire was set upon her body. Her eyes wondered around the room taking in every new detail that was inplace of her other son's stuff.

I shut the door once again and we both sat on my bed, a good distance bewteen the both of us.

Finally her voice flowed through the silence. "The breakfast was really good, thank you" she smiled soft at me, but I couldn't met her gaze as I looked at the wall behind her and nodded back with a small smile.

"But as you know, I'm not in here just to tell you about how great your food is. I wanted to ask about the robotics club"

My eyes widened. She's gonna know I'm lying to her, she's gonna find out about the therapy and she's gonna make fun of me. I can't have her hate me too. No, I can't!

"I- in no way did I think you were lying about going to club or anything, but Felix had a hard time buying that you were." Of course Felix didn't think I was, he was smart and knew me, well knew me better than others. "I called the school and- Chan why did you lie?"

My hands shook as I placed them on my knee, playing with the rips as I looked down. Do I tell her the truth? If I lie again, she'll just get mad. "I'm taking therapy... and I was scared to tell you the truth. I should have and I'm sorry." My voice was small as I spoke to her not bothering to look up.