21 | No Words

That evening, Seokjin had invited Taehyung, not to his house or some fancy restaurant, but to a rooftop.

Taehyung waited there and Seokjin arrived after a few minutes.

Taehyung couldn't help it. His face lit up in his most lively smile when he saw those lively eyes once again. Seokjin, too, was smiling widely. He had Taehyung on his mind all these years and he couldn't believe that he finally met him again.

Seokjin sat down beside him and he had brought something to eat and drink but Taehyung couldn't look anywhere else. He gazed for too long.

"Is something wrong?" Seokjin asked.

"It couldn't be more right," Taehyung smiled, "You being here... I thought you weren't serious when you said you would be here. Yet I came. Now that I finally have you here I feel that you might disappear"

"Well, you need to hold me or I might disappear"

Taehyung chuckled and held Seokjin's hand.

Seokjin smiled.

There was a way he saw and felt Seokjin at that moment and he wanted to hold it all of his life.

He felt like it was only ever him.

He wanted to know if Seokjin ever felt anything for him.

"You're gazing again, my love"

Taehyung's heart fluttered, he couldn't breathe for a moment. It had sounded exceedingly affectionate to be real.

"What?" he asked.

"Something wrong?", Seokjin looked at Taehyung as if he had no idea what Taehyung was talking about.

Was it really a hallucination?

Taehyung tried to forget what he just heard, at least for the moment because he knew he would always be fantasizing about it now that he heard it.

He looked at the food Seokjin had brought.

"I thought you told me that I wasn't allowed to drink", Taehyung said.

"That was to develop your will... your instincts. Every habit has its own price and pleasure. You must become realistic and responsible for your actions by recognizing both sides.

You can recognize both pleasure and price, and then make a choice based on that recognition and then live with that choice without concern," Seokjin replied.

It's like I choose to either love you or not like you at all. Isn't it too much?

"It sounds like one or the other. What about moderation?", Taehyung asked.

"Moderation is like a deception. It is just an excuse for the weak, the apologetic, those who fear, or those who are in confusion. Those who are afraid to laugh or cry, to live or die. Like I may have a small drink a day, then not drink again for several months, without any unmanageable urges to have another one.

And if you do drink, you shouldn't pretend that your body won't pay a price. You follow appropriate action afterward to help counterbalance the negative effect"

"So habit is the problem?"

"Yes. All you need to do is to be conscious of your choices and responsible for your actions", Seokjin smiled at Taehyung.

"Can I be your habit?" Taehyung asked, "You won't even have to pay a price"

Seokjin smiled, "Your prescription's overdue and I might need you forever. Are you going to counterbalance the negative effects too, my love?"

"You're doing it again," Taehyung's face was red.

Seokjin couldn't take his eyes off him. "You might be the cause of my terminal illness, except that I might die too soon."

Taehyung was too flustered but Seokjin's words also gave him enough reasons to confess.

"Seokjin, I have something to say"

"What?"

"I have some strong feelings for you. No...much more than that. I feel this connection with you, that I don't feel with anyone else," Taehyung admitted.

"What if I say that I don't?", Seokjin asked.

"Then I'll accept it but I won't forget you. I will still be having those feelings but they won't make me sad. I'll try to be happy," Taehyung answered, "I've always wanted to know what you feel about me... What you think about us..."

Seokjin was gazing at Taehyung, deeply for a few seconds and the next moment he moved closer and cupped Taehyung's face, "What do you think?"

Seokjin was too close, Taehyung had his eyes closed, "You tell me," he managed to speak.

Seokjin kissed him.

After a few seconds, he pulled back, "Is this sufficient proof, or do I need words?"

Taehyung had tears in his eyes as he felt some intense feelings from both of them; and Seokjin's feelings, they didn't feel new, it felt as if he had them for a long time, for years. Why didn't he tell me? Was he waiting for me?

Taehyung smiled and without uttering any words, he did the same thing that Seokjin did a moment ago.

I thought that this would take two days but it took almost three.

Sorry for your suffering if you have reached till here. But fortunately, your suffering has come to an end as BLUE ends here. Maybe the other one starting with B will end too, today.