5 | Answer

The next morning Taehyung woke up, but it felt as if he had something to do. The question.

He thought about it as he did his routine.

It was afternoon and he was done with his online job. He left his house at five-thirty as usual.

He was sitting by the sea with the piece of paper in his hand.

After a while, Seokjin arrived and sat beside him. He took the paper from yesterday. Taehyung had written something on it but it wasn't the answer:

"I don't know"

"Can I speak?" Seokjin asked and Taehyung nodded.

"How do you instantly convert any unit of measurement into grams?

Through InstaGram", Seokjin said and started laughing with small claps.

Taehyung felt that it was really silly, but surprisingly, he wasn't annoyed and Seokjin's laugh was contagious.

He felt Seokjin's gaze at him.

"You smiled", Seokjin said.

At first, Taehyung didn't want to believe it, but he really did smile, genuinely for the first time, after months.

And then, there was a silence for a few minutes, until Seokjin flipped to a new page, writing something.

"Do you think it's funny?" Taehyung mumbled.

Seokjin didn't reply, instead, he stopped writing, struck out the thing that he was writing, and moved on to a new page to start writing again.

When Seokjin finished writing, Taehyung took the book to read the thing written on the page.

"You can ask me about the reason for the question a few days from now. But I don't think you need to, you'll get it by yourself.

Now about the blue. Almost everyone faces it in their lives at least once. So this point of time in your life was going to come sooner or later, the circumstances may have been different but the state would have been the same. It only shows that there's some work you need to do on yourself. There are some things that you'll understand in the process of doing it. But first, I need you to be able to share with me the things on your mind right now."

Taehyung wrote a reply.

"What are you? Some kind of philosopher? Why should I believe you when you come here just like that and say that you know me?
And, how can you be happy all the time? Everything puzzles me right now."

Seokjin smiled as he read it. He quickly wrote a reply.

Even though Seokjin seemed mysterious, Taehyung wanted to know more, he wanted to know how can he always be in a good mood.
He was eager for the answer so he took the book in his hand right after Seokjin kept it down.

"I'm not a philosopher. And it doesn't matter who I am, the only thing that matters is where I am in this moment and what I do right now.

And Taehyung, the world is a puzzle. No need to make sense out of it"

Reading that made Taehyung more curious. He wanted to know the things that Seokjin wanted to tell him. He wanted to know why he was helping him, but for that, he knew that Seokjin wanted to hear from him first. But Taehyung wasn't ready to tell, he had to think.

None of them spoke anything after that. Seokjin knew that Taehyung needed some time.