3 | Paper

The next afternoon, he was alone watching the waves, thankful that no one was beside him. Just then, he felt a presence beside him. But this time, it was a little further than the day before, so he didn't have to shift to his right.

After a few minutes of silence, Taehyung hoped that it stayed like that.

But it didn't.

"Hi, how are you?" he heard the person speak. His voice was softer than the day before.

The person waited for a long time for Taehyung to respond, but Taehyung didn't feel like it.

So he didn't.

After a while, he felt the person flipping a paper and writing something.

A few seconds later, Taehyung looked below, at his left, and found a pen and a small stone above a small book, trying to hold the page in place. After thinking for a while, he took that book and read what was written on that page.

"Hi. I'm Kim Seokjin.

I see that my voice may be annoying to you and you don't want to speak. But you're free to write if that seems comfortable."

A smile formed on Seokjin's face as he saw the other person picking up a pen and writing something.

After Taehyung finished writing, he kept the book down, to his left, just like it was before. Seokjin quickly took it to read what was written.

"The only thing that would make me comfortable is you leaving me alone. Let us leave each other alone. You've nothing to do with me and I've nothing to do with you."

Even though Taehyung didn't want to talk he thought that what he wrote may be rude to the other person. He even started to feel somewhat guilty but then he heard the other person chuckle. Taehyung was confused. Why isn't he mad and why is his laugh so lively?

He wanted to know. So when he felt Seokjin writing something and placing the book down, he picked it up to read it.

"When we're born, we feel the same, that we've nothing to do with anyone. You see, even this paper began as a blank canvas, much like us. But then, it was used to write the history and the times that we still hear about.

And it's not the only use. It is like a complex yet adaptable friend. You can use it to draw, reflect, or write notes to those you love.

I can be that friend for you if you want me to. I'll wait for you to respond.

Because you see, paper, like us has a memory that is indelible, what you put on the page, stays on the page. And now that you've written on this page, you'll stay even though you feel that we've nothing to do with each other. All that matters is how you want to"

Taehyung tried to make sense of those words, they seemed to make some sense but were still like a puzzle to him. He tried to piece things together. Wait, am I really trying to achieve something right now? Am I curious? He surely was, after days.

For some reason, Taehyung felt like wanting to know more. But he didn't feel like talking yet. So he just sat there quietly.

And after a while, it was seven, his time to leave. But before leaving, he wrote something on a page and left it for Seokjin to see.

Seokjin smiled when he read those two words, "Kim Taehyung"