I sat down in a chair in front of his desk. "Thank you," I said, knowing he was quite busy those times, appreciating his time.

"Of course! Have you changed your mind?" he asked me. I shook my head, telling him, "No, I came here to make an appointment for my baby's surgery."

"Okay, if that's your decision, I have to respect it, but maybe you should think a few more days before you make up your mind..." he said with a sigh.

"No, I've already made my decision, Mr. Wright, and I'm not going to change my mind. I want my baby to be treated before we start with my treatment. Can we please set the surgery date? I want her to have surgery this month," I told him. The sooner she got better the less I'd have to be scared that she'd faint again.

"Okay, we can arrange her surgery this month. How about next week on Friday?" he asked me, looking into his schedule. Nodding my head, I agreed, muttering, "The sooner the better."

"Okay, the cost will be close to fifteen thousand. Can you collect the money or do you want to pay it in installments?" he asked me. "I'll take a loan from my bank, I'll pay the money right away," I told him.

"Alright, then, I'll have my assistant prepare the informed consent form. We should make another appointment where you can sign the informed consent form. How about Friday? Then, everything would be settled a week before the operation," he suggested.

"Friday is okay," I said nodding my head, "thank you, Mr. Wright."

"You're welcome, Candice, I'll see you on Friday," he told me.

"Actually, I have a shift tomorrow too, you'll see me tomorrow too, till tomorrow, Mr. Wright," I said with a smile.

"Then, see you tomorrow, Candice," he said as I got up. "Have a great day," I muttered. "You too, Candice," he smiled before I turned around and left the room.

Then, I walked to my baby's room. I didn't go into her room right after I woke up, because I looked fucked up after hearing the news from Mr. Wright, I wanted to look strong for my baby. Now, that I put myself a little together, I was ready to face her.

Taking a deep breath, I put a smile on, before going into my baby's room, seeing her cuddling in bed with Bob.

"Mommy!" she smiled as she saw me. "My baby!" I smiled back as I approached them, sitting down next to her bed. She immediately hugged me.

"You weren't in your room, I thought you were here, but I only found my cupcake, woken up and looking a little lost, where were you?" he asked me.

"I scheduled her surgery," I mouthed him before kissing Zia's head, hugging her tighter, even if her condition wasn't that bad, the thought of losing her scared the shit out of me.

"Can you do her check out too?" I asked him, not wanting her to spend her time in the hospital, and she seemed good, healthy for now.

"Sure, no problem," he nodded his head. "I'll leave you guys a little alone, for mother daughter time." He kissed Zia's and my head before leaving.

"How are you feeling? Do you have an ouchie somewhere?" I asked her, kissing her cheeks, making her giggle.

"No mommy, I just couldn't breathe and my heart hurt when I ran to you," she said with her little hands over her heart while looking at me. "but I'm okay now, it doesn't hurt anymore."

"You will be fine, it won't hurt ever again, I promise," I mumbled, pulling her onto my lap before hugging her and caressing her head.

"Mommy?" she asked, looking up with her innocent big blue eyes, my eyes. "Yes, my love," I smiled at her.