Chapter Six Ashlynn

I stood gaping at my phone. I couldn't believe it! Slowly I read it one more time.

ashlynnsdevil: ashlynns mommy doesnt love her. heck I dont think she even likes her! why else would she completely ignore her?

I couldn't go to school! Everyone would be asking about it. But then if I didn't everyone would know it was true.
My dad and my mom were both in their twenties, and met one day at the coffee shop. He drugged my moms coffee and then took her home with him. The next day she woke up in an empty hotel room only remembering drinking coffee with him. Weeks later she took a pregnancy test and the results came back positive. Then she had me. For years she raised me on her own until one day, he showed up. He apologized and begged her for forgiveness. That's when I walked in. A 14 year old girl meeting her father who had broken her and her mothers hearts and suddenly decided to show up 14 years later. I told him my name and that I was happy with my mother and only my mother. Then she threatened to call the police if he ever showed up again and shut the door in his face. Now it's two years later and he's still trying to get ahold of me.
My mother never looked at me the way other parents look at their kids. I knew she loved me, deep down I'm sure she did. But she more looked at me painfully, like I was just a bad memory she wanted to forget. And the worst part was, I was.