[DONE]

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: Mention of suicidal intentions.⚠️

[FRANK]

It's been a couple of hours since Kilgrave had been taken out, and tonight I decided that we were going to talk. One way or the other, we had to resolve this. I've given her space, but we couldn't work together like this, let alone be anything else.

She violently removed the dress she'd worn when I knocked on the door. She pulled out a knife and slashed the dress, and threw it, breathing angrily through her nose. I thought it was funny.

"Yeah, Frank?" She asks without turning around.

She went to put on regular clothes, muttering angrily about the dress and shoes she'd worn. Hard to believe that she used to be the kind of girl who enjoyed dressing up.

"We need to talk. You got a minute?" I asked.

"Walk and talk; I've got somewhere to be," she replied.

We head down the hallway to the garage.

"It's about Karen," I tell her.

"What about her?" She asks, shrugging.

"It's complicated, but I meant what I said back there," I tell her. "That night, when uh..."

"Oh, you mean the night we kissed...the same night my father was killed and my sister had me committed...you can say it, Frank. I might be a little messed up, but I'm not fragile! Look, I understand complicated..." she muttered. "But that's not what pissed me off!"

"Then what is it?" I asked.

"I don't give a shit if there's anything between you two. This isn't high school. I don't appreciate being blindsided when you know everything about me," she admits.

Well, shit. I didn't expect that...but I understood where she was coming from. She had trust issues, and I was one of the few people she'd been vulnerable with.

"I get that, and I'm sorry," I tell her. "I fucked up."

She nods. "No more secrets?"

"None," I replied. "Where are you headed?"

"I'm meeting Shawn Ellis," she replied.

"Who?" I asked.

"Oh, right. He's an investigative reporter," she answered back. "I met him at the club. He's been looking into her."

So had Karen, but I should have known that she would seek out another source. I'm not gonna press the issue.

"I'll go with you," I offered.

"If you want," she shrugs. "We're just waiting on Jessica. He's connected to IGH, too."

"So he has abilities?" I asked.

"Yeah," she replied. "He can sense evil in people. Must be useful on the job."

Jessica joins us, and we head out to a bar in the city. A pretty boy was sitting in a booth alone, and the girls headed toward him. Ah, so this was the guy. We slide into the booth, and he grins at Y/N.

"There you are," he greets her. "How does it feel to be out of that dress?"

"I'm pretty sure I shredded it," she admits.

"You did what?" He asks, chuckling.

"There were a lot of straps, okay?" She shrugs. "So I grabbed my knife and cut the damn thing off!"

He laughs. "Well, for what's it worth, you looked great, and you took out a monster. Win-win."

"That's true," Y/N murmured.