Chapter Nine: Dream a Little Dream of Me

Start from the beginning

"Ang." Dean ducked out momentarily before reemerging with their sister, "He's over there."

"Sam, we've been looking for you all day." Angel watched the bartender finish pouring the drink before looking back down at Sam, "What the hell are you doing?"

Sam turned to her and shrugged, "Having a drink."

"I can see that, little brother." She crossed her arms, "But it's two in the afternoon, we're in the middle of a case, and since when do you even drink whiskey?"

"I drink whiskey all the time."

"No." Dean shook his head at that as he sat next to him, "No, you don't."

"What's the big deal?" Sam slurred as he looked between the two of them and then motioned around the bar, "Both of you get sloppy in bars, and both of you hit on people all the time. Why can't I?"

Angel and Dean each looked around the bar with matching frowns. There weren't many people present currently. The only woman being quite older than Sam himself.

Dean cocked an eyebrow before chuckling a little, "It's kind of slim pickings around here."

"Bartender's kinda cute." Angel smirked as she met the man's eye and got a smile in return, "Although, I thought I was the only one of us that dipped in both ponds." When she didn't get a reaction from Sam she sighed and leaned between them onto the bar, "Sammy, what's going on with you? Talk to us."

Sam shook his head, staying silent for a few moments. The completely lost look on his face worried both older Winchesters as they waited for a response.

"I tried, Ang."

"Tried..." Confusion filled her as she studied him, "What?"

His voice broke, "To save you."

Angel tensed at his words, realizing what this was and why he was so upset. Sighing she briefly looked at Dean, who wouldn't meet her eyes, and then motioned for the bartender.

"Can we get two more whiskeys?" She motioned between herself and Dean, "Double, neat."

"I'm serious, Angel."

"No, Sam, you're drunk." She dismissed, "And this is a conversation we should be having when you're sober." Her voice dropped to a mumble, "Or not at all preferably."

"I mean, where you're going..." He trekked on, ignoring her dismissal, "What you're gonna become." Tears filled his eyes and he scoffed before shaking his head, "I can't stop it. Dean can't stop it." He paused for a second as he studied his drink, "I'm starting to think maybe even Ruby can't stop it. But really, the thing is, no one can save you."

Angels jaw clenched as she kept her gaze firmly on the bottles in front of her, "Sam-"

"No one can save you because you don't wanna be saved." He paused as Angel's eyes snapped to his, Dean looked between them with raised eyebrows, "I mean, how can you care so little about yourself?" She painfully took in his words before scoffing and tearing her gaze from his, "What's wrong with you?"

Angel looked over and met his eyes again, the pain mirroring between them. Before she got a chance to respond, Dean's cell rang.

"Hello?" He paused as the other person spoke, "Yes, this is Mr. Snyderson." Surprise filled his face, "What?" Looking over he met Angel and Sam's worried gazes, "Where? I'll be right there." Hanging up the phone he shot a grim look to his siblings, "We gotta go. It's Bobby. He's in the hospital, in a coma."