"What kind of coffee did you get me?"

"The one beginner would enjoy."

"What about yourself."

"One with the highest concentration of bitterness."

That sounds like torture.

*whoosh*

Now that the wind finally calmed down. Death-san and I were sitting down on a random park bench, observing the undying nature that was somewhat beautiful.

"So Death-san, What did she say?"

"Hmmm..."

He went into deep thought. While he was doing that, I took a few sips of my coffee. I added all the packets and the taste...

"Hmmm..."

Too sweet, but not too overpowering, surprisingly. I don't mind this."

"Listen here, Kiara."

A sudden seriousness was in his tone. So it must be. I did ask him something important. So important that it might change the course of our relationship. Looking into his non-existent eyes, the hollow nature can be uneasy to living beings. But here in the Underworld, people like this roam all about. When it came to my case, I came down here for a choice, for a purpose, and that is to be with Calli. My Mori. Unlike these people in the Underworld, I, for one, I'm not one of them.

"You can propose to her, but the outcome of faith is not decided."

"How come?"

"If you went along with this, I can't guarantee your feelings will be received."

I tilted my head to this statement.

"I recommend you choose the right choice from here on out. The odds are unstable and tilting from side to side with utmost caution. If one side receives too much uncertainty, it won't end well, but if it receives too many euphoric offerings, you both will rejoice, leaving the scale on the permanent side of happiness."

"So you're saying it's unpredictable how she is going to respond. Is that right?"

"In simple terms, yes."

I took a few more sips of my coffee, thinking of my options.

It's just like that dream.

The odds weren't in my favour from the start. I got shot down, mercilessly with no chance of recovery. Is the opposite reality, then?

While thinking about Death-san's finding, I thought back to the time before I left our house.

***

"Calli, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I'm just worried."

"I'm glad you're worried about me, but I have a meeting with someone."

"The day hasn't even started yet. What if you get sick?"

"Silly Calli, The breeze this early doesn't make anybody sick."

"Better to be safe than sorry."

"Alright Calli, see you later."

"Wait, before you go."

"What?"

"Here, wear this."

"A scarf?"

"Take it, It will keep you warm."