02;; those who fell mustn't speak of heaven

Start from the beginning

He recited the rules like a mantra, having to say them pretty much anytime he decided to leave the house. It was one thing reciting the rules, but another when his mother looked visually displeased that he had decided to either leave the house or change his plans so last minute.

Jungkook knew it wasn't because his mother didn't trust him, she always trusted him. She just didn't trust the people in Jungkook's life. He could slightly understand, he had had some strange friends growing up, people he wouldn't infiltrate himself with now, but his mother's persistence and possessiveness was another thing entirely.

He was kinda surprised she hadn't locked him up.

But Jungkook loved and respected his mother, so he followed her three golden rules like his life depended on it, his heart always beating a little faster when he made eye contact with a dodgy stranger, or the small panic in the pit of his stomach when he realised his phone had been on vibrate. Areum had just made him super aware of these things. It wasn't really a bad thing.

"I'll be back,"

Was all he said, waving dismissively to Areum. He knew he had to leave before she tried to convince him to stay. It was something she did often, setting him more house work or explaining how she felt like she couldn't be alone right now. He had tried to persuade her to access some counselling sessions, worried that the paranoia would reach an all team high.

But she simple refused, shaking her head. She knew the paranoia wasn't just that, that there was something more beneath the surface. Areum kept this from Jungkook, knowing he would more than likely have her admitted somewhere before she could even explain herself fully.

It wasn't a risk she wanted to take. Not now, not ever.

♡ ♡ ♡

"Koo! Over here." Yoongi beamed, showing the smile that made Jungkook's insides twist so tightly, he was surprised his intestines didn't burst with the pressure.

He made his way inside the small cafe, it was modest and minimalistic, plants hanging from the walls and the strong smell of coffee making him feel comforted. He had always enjoyed the smell of coffee, the simple bean making his mind fully calm. Jungkook assumed it had something to do with the fact that Yoongi always tended to drink coffee, the bitter scent smelling so sweet on him.

Yoongi looked amazing - as always. His blonde hair resting against his forehead, highlights streaked in throughout the strands, a plain cream t-shirt with a plaid shirt worn over the top, ripped jeans covering his legs and a pair of black trainers on his feet.

Jungkook couldn't help the small blush that appeared softly on his cheeks as he sat down across from his childhood friend. His heart pounded a little, Yoongi grinning before passing the menu over to him.

"Order whatever you like, I'll pay," He shrugged, Jungkook nodding hesitantly. It felt like a date, Jungkook sitting across from Yoongi, both looking slightly more made-up than usual. The simple thought made Jungkook's head spin. Was this really a date?

Jungkook scanned the menu, eyes lighting up at the hot chocolate listed on the menu. He knew consuming two of the sugary treats in one day wasn't the best idea, but he craved the sweetness and the sugar rush he obtained. He also picked a simple cheese toastie, wanting something savoury to balance out the sickly drink.

"They should be here in a moment so I'll put our orders in," Yoongi took the menu as he stood up making his way to the counter. His eyebrows furrowed, someone else was coming?

Jungkook felt a little sick. He had this all messed up. He knew it wasn't a date as such but now that the hope had been officially burnt out, he could feel the light in his cheeks diminishing along with the butterflies, and instead a scorching feeling flooded his chest. Questions flooded his mind, like who on earth was Yoongi inviting?