Balance: Blue

Flashback to 3 years after the Reign of Graymorr: 3rd Person POV

The boy knelt beside the fading woman, her smile warm, but her eyes sad. She let out a large cough, and he worriedly held his hand to her forehead. 

"You'll be okay." he reassured her, tears streaming down his face. 

The woman nodded, but knew better. Grasping her son's hand, she placed a half of a mask, part white and part purple. 

He looked up at her in confusion, but she had already faded away. 

Talia POV

I walked around Chandler, who was packing up our belongings. It's been 5 years since we got married, yet I was still keeping my distance. 

He hadn't exactly done anything. We just drifted apart. 

It went from tender hellos to barely even a word when one of us entered the room. Ephedia was basically all we had in common. 

Besides our friends. 

I sighed, confused and angry, mostly at myself. 

Chandler and I did a silent dance in the bedroom, his dark brown hair swishing in front of his eyes. I tossed my hair over my shoulder as I tucked one of my strands behind my ear. 

"Tals," he began, but I stopped him abruptly. 

"We're getting divorced, right?" I murmured, tears in my eyes. 

Chandler wanted to make it work. I didn't feel anything anymore. 

"Yes." he murmured back, but it was so silent I barely heard him. 

"Then, let's keep our distance. Talk to each other least as possible." I proposed, the tears now streaming down my face. 

He nodded quietly, and went back to packing. I breathed in relief, but a part of me kept nagging at the corners of my mind. 

The prophecy. 

"Pink, Blue, Orange, Whites, Purple, Green. Human, Ephedian. Daughter of Ephedia now fallen, the jewel you hold close will be stolen. Ephedia needs it's bravest warriors. Someone is gone from the batches of creatures. Believers, barriers. Crystals, rocks. Forget all you know. Darkest knight will be your foe. West then East flies the crow." I muttered under my breath. 

I remembered from earlier, that the cloaked man had called Iris, Pink.

Then, when Dawn tried to call her jewel to her, he had called her by the name White. But the prophecy mentioned two whites. 

I looked up at Chandler, who was staring at me with a confused look on his face. He was Dawn's brother. He was a White, like his sister. 

"Colors." I muttered. I pulled out a map of Old Ephedia, and laid it out. Chandler walked up behind me, and started pointing at various locations. 

"That's where Ephedia is now." he noted, and then he pointed to a rugged land with mountains. 

"That's Crystalla." he pointed out. Looking at the Legend, the space that was now Ephedia was called Pink. 

Iris was from Ephedia. And the man had called her by the name Pink. 

I rushed downstairs, pulling Chandler by the arm. I knocked excitedly on Dawn and Lev's door. Dawn opened it, with LEv behind her. 

"Not finished packing." she said, then nearly slammed the door. 

"I'm not talking about packing." I retaliated, as she followed me with Lev in tow. I phoned Iris and Auriana quickly, telling them to grab Nathaniel, Lyna, and Carissa.