𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

Start from the beginning

Alaska put her phone away as her mind raced of Miguel, trying to think about how he could have gotten hurt, what happened along the way. She wished she had gone now, to protect him in some sort. Alaska send him a text quickly asking for his address but the message hadn't even delivered, hinting at his phone being off. Her mind was so occupied with her new friend that she hadn't heard the close footsteps behind her until a figure ran face first into her.

"Sorry." Alaska said before others came into her sides.

"Where you headed?" the voice behind her said as she tried to turn and walk away.

"I'm just- i'm sorry, I'm leaving." she tried to say quickly, being cornered by three people and no where to get away. They were all taller then she was, in dark hoods and low voices. The street lights on most of the block were out, making it impossible to know who or at least get a description of them.

"What you got in that bag?" the one behind her asked, the voice was low yet so angry.

"Take it, take it." she said quickly, shoving her bag into the tallest ones arms as they pulled it opened before whistling at all the things she had.

"Got a lot of nice things, don't you, pretty girl?" the next one who was infront of her mocked, their voice sounded like they smoked a pack a day. Alaska didn't say anything, trying to avoid all eye contact as she looked down, listening to one gawk at her things and the other try and scare her.

"Let's go, we have it." the one by her side said. Alaska could hear the slightest sense of softness in their voice, almost regretful. She hadn't felt bad for them one bit, but something was more gentle then the other two. Alaska didn't dare to look up, knowing if she had, they'd get alarmed and possibly hurt her in the process. The three began to walk off before the tallest stopped next to Alaska's side, leaning in close. She thought maybe he was going to whisper something to her, something that would stick with her forever.

Alaska let out a painful scream, her eyes wailing with salty tears as he reached up and yanked her belly button ring out, ripping the skin as blood dropped onto the street. The person ran off with the other two, keeping the ring as Alaska cried. Her hands found the wound, blood pouring from it as the fresh skin was ripped in half completely.

Demetri had gotten a hold of Miguel finally by two in the morning, telling him what had happened. Miguel, his mother, and grandmother had hurried to the hospital to check on the girl. Miguel was beat and bruised, walking with a limp as he made it into the room she was in. Eli held Alaska's hand as the nurse examined her stitches before putting the bandage over it again to avoid infection. Demetri was by the door, looking up when he saw Miguel.

"Hey man." he greeted, the voice made Alaska look over as she smiled.

"Miguel." she soft softly, "You look horrible."

"Me?" he asked her in a joking manner, limping slightly as he sat down on the chair, "Says the one in the hospital."

"We're really sorry we ran, we thought you'd be behind us." Eli said quickly to Miguel, his head tucked away as his face went a scarlett red. Miguel looked to his hand that was holding Alaska's, fumbling with the bagger ring in nervousness.

"It's okay." Miguel said with a shake of his head before looking toward Alaska, "What happened?"

"Three guys cornered me, took my stuff then pulled my bellybutton ring out." Alaska said as she sat up, whimpering slightly as Demetri watched worried, pushing off the wall slightly.

"Jesus." Miguel said as he eyed the bandage, "They gave you stitches?"

"Yeah, ripped through a pretty good layer of skin." Alaska said, feeling the sense of soreness and shoots of pain around her bellybutton area, "The doctor said I was lucky it hadn't gotten infected before I got here."