"It's not quite love. Not love at all." I faced her. "Please don't tell anyone." 

She grinned, "Forbidden lust, is it?" 

I chuckled awkwardly, feeling a blush set in. 

"Don't worry. As a thief, I am exceptional at keeping secrets. I won't tell anyone," she said with a wink. "Let's head on out before you blush any deeper, honey," she laughed. I walked slightly behind her as we made our way to her husband. "Alex," she said. 

"Yes, baby?" 

Awe. He calls her baby. 

"You've met Venus, right?" 

He nodded, giving me a smile. 

"We have to drop her home on the way. I'm sure that's all right, yes?" 

"Of course. Shall we head out then?" 

She grinned, linking her arm with his. 

"Let's go," he smiled, kissing her cheek and then leaving his half-empty glass of champagne on the nearest waiter's tray. We left after that. They drove themself as well so she sat in the front and I sat silently in the back. 

I'm embarrassed like I have never been before. A complete stranger, who also happens to be a thief and a princess now knows that I have a secret... lustful relationship with Caden Locke, the prince I'm meant to hate. 

"On the right. Right over there," I said when my house came into sight. 

He stopped the car in front of my house and they both turned to me. 

"Thank you so much for the ride," I smiled. 

"Have fun," she smirked. 

"Goodnight," he smiled. 

"Bye," I chuckled before stepping out. I walked up the steps and into my house, closing the front door behind me. I leaned against it, letting out muffled cries in my palms. I quickly went upstairs to my room and sat on the edge of the bed. "What the hell, Venus?" I asked myself while pushing the slit aside and pulling off the dagger and its strap-on. "What is happening to me? What is my life turning into? I'm getting involved with Caden Locke! I'm making a huge mistake. I could get in so much trouble for this. But no," I laughed humorlessly while taking my heels off. 

"No, my body doesn't want to listen to me. His body doesn't want to listen to me. What can I do then? This is a bad idea, this is such a bad idea," I groaned while opening my walk-in closet. I put my heels away and then unzipped the dress. I was looking for pajamas to wear. 

I had just grabbed my pajamas when I heard a loud knock. I turned to the window, realizing he was here already. I closed my closet and left my clothes on the bed, going to open the window. 

He crawled through and stood in front of me. "Hey," he nodded. 

"You," I laughed humorlessly. "You! The icing on the cake! You just had to show up tonight, huh?" 

"What?" He looked at me utterly confused. "You could have said to meet another time if you wanted to." 

"You just had to be attracted to me, didn't you? In all of Cadara, I'm the only girl you found?! The only one you keep pestering, huh?!" I smacked his arm multiple times. 

"Ow, ow, ow! Jesus, what happened to you? You were doing just fine last I checked! Ow, Venus!" He grabbed both my wrists, jerking me forward. My breath hitched in my throat as I blinked up at him. "What is your problem? If you don't want this then just tell me. I'll go back to leaving you alone." 

"When have you ever left me alone, Caden?" 

He stared at me, his eyes scanning my face. 

"It is suffocating," I admitted. 

"What is?" he asked, his grasp on my wrists softening. 

"Everything when it comes to us," I huffed. "The rules that have been set for us, the constant bothering- you bother me, I bother you- and your presence right now. It is very suffocating, Caden." 

"Do you want me to leave?" he asked, lifting a brow at me. 

I couldn't bring the word 'no' to come out of my lips. It was lodged in my throat. 

"And perhaps it seems so suffocating because you fight it. Not the rest but me," he smirked. 

I rolled my eyes, stepping away from him. "I'm going to change," I mumbled, going for my clothes. 

He grabbed my wrist, yanking me back. "Why? This seems fine," he flirted, fiddling with the straps that sat at my shoulders that were already loose from my zip being opened. 

I swatted his hand. "It's the first night. And there won't be another if you blow it. Slow down," I said warningly before spinning around and going into the bathroom with my clothes. I changed and then hung up the dress on the door before pulling it open, getting startled when Caden stood right there. 

"Why are you suddenly so... bothered?" he asked, leaning against the doorframe. 

"Because I know I'm making the dumbest mistake ever. If we get caught-" 

"Which we won't," he interrupted. 

"If we do. If we mess this up, Caden... Do you know what a horrible turn things could take?" I grabbed two cotton pads and some micellar water and took my makeup off and then washed my face all while he stood there. 

"Why do you think we're going to get caught?" he asked. 

I dried my face and then grabbed my toothbrush, turning to him. "Have you done this before? The whole... thing with benefits situation? Because I haven't. What if I make a stupid mistake?" 

"For the record, I haven't done this before either. Ever. And just sleeping with someone isn't the same before you say it is. That's completely different." 

"So, we both have equal chances of messing this up, great," I said before shoving my toothbrush in my mouth and starting to brush my teeth. 

He grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him. He snatched my toothbrush and then held it up, out of my reach. I reached up for it but he smacked my hand away and looked down at me. "We won't mess it up. I promise, okay?" 

I blinked, listening to him. 

"Stop overthinking it." He put my toothbrush back in my mouth. "Continue," he smiled softly. 

I brushed my teeth, slowly tearing my gaze away from his. "I don't understand you," I said while patting my lips dry, putting my toothbrush in the cup. 

"You will soon, don't you worry," he smirked. "Now that we've wasted five minutes, what's the plan?"

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 17

what's the plan?

next chapter: candy