Chapter 14: Behind the Scenes and Budokan Performance

It is now the moment that everyone is waiting for. In a few hours, the finals of the BanG Dream! Girls Band Challenge will take place. The finalists Roselia, Raise A Suilen, and Poppin' Party will take on the stage and prove who is the best girls' band.

[Y/N] and his bandmates were at the venue, the Budokan very early in the morning. They were helping with the preparations for the event. All of them are having fun with the tasks that they are doing. It is their way of supporting their friends who will be competing later on.

While they were working, [Y/N] can't get something out of his mind. It was about meeting Kazuma and Sayo in front of the Hikawa Residence in which he and Saaya mistakenly made a turn. Still, he didn't ask Kazuma about it even if they were both at the hotel room last night. He also kept it a secret from their other bandmates. He wanted Kazuma to be the one to tell them what is going on between him and Sayo.

After a few hours of working with the other staff, everything is nearly set. In a few moments, the finalists will arrive and make necessary arrangements such as a sound and lights check, gear and equipment set up, as well as physically preparing themselves before the performance takes place.

After a few moments, the finalists have arrived. They were immediately greeted by the band members of [Y/BN]. It was also revealed that Kazuma and Ryusei will assist Roselia backstage. For RAS, it will be Megumi and Harumi and for Poppin' Party it will be [Y/N].

The preparations went on and mixed emotions were being felt by the band girls. Most of them are getting nervous and excited as well. Masking and Layer had some reminisce of their past performances there. As usual, Yukina and Sayo are looking serious.

After the preparations, the finalists had the chance to unwind. Most of them had made a tour in the venue together with the band members of [Y/BN] while some went in their dressing room or somewhere that they feel they can physically, mentally, and emotionally prepare themselves.

Two hours before the start of the concert, Lisa went looking for Sayo. She then bumps with Kazuma.

Lisa: Hey Kazuma, have you seen Sayo?

Kazuma: Oh, Lisa-san. She is sitting at one of the seats near the exit.

Lisa: Wow! You knew! I have already asked [Y/N] and Harumi but they didn't know.

With a smug look on her face, Lisa then asked Kazuma. "Ne, tell me, what do you think of Sayo? What do you feel about her?"

"I like her," Kazuma answered without hesitation and trace of embarrassment.

Lisa: Woah! Kazuma, you are so manly saying that without getting embarrassed.

Kazuma: Well, it's the truth, I don't want to lie to one of her closest friends. Besides, I have already seen enough of [Y/N]'s embarrassment when we tease her about Saaya. Well, he overcame it now, I think. But imagining myself getting embarrassed like the way he did, is more embarrassing. Hehe.

Lisa: HAHA! Well, [Y/N] and Saaya look lovely together. Well, how about you? Does Sayo know?

Kazuma: No. well, I want to confess to her but I feel like now is not the right time.

Lisa: So, what did you like about her?

Kazuma: I love how she is very devoted to her passion for performing the perfect music. Yukina-neesan told me how hard you guys are practicing. One time she also told me how Sayo became a part of your band and what she was doing before joining. I like how she works very hard to achieve her goals. Well, you might not know this but I also went to several performances of yours during the preliminaries.