My idiocy (Chabashira Sae)

"Sorry to have kept you waiting, Ayanokoji."

I looked at the source of the sound and was shocked to see who it was.

"What's going on?"

"He's here as a witness. After all, Ryuuen will try to win by any means necessary, and I'd like to avoid this getting violent."

He then turned to Horikita Manabu, who had just arrived.

"A few minutes after I head up, I'd like you to stop halfway up the stairs. There's no need for you to talk to the students who come back down from the roof, nor is it necessary to punish them. Just make sure they see you on their way."

"That's fine. But don't forget our arrangement."

Arrangement? Ayanokoji and Horikita Manabu had made an agreement? What? No more importantly, how?

"Of course. If I go back on my word, you may choose to forget what happens here today."

"As long as you understand. Try to wrap this up quickly."

"Wait, Ayanokoji. What would you have done if Horikita hadn't agreed to help?"

It was an important question. If Horikta hadn't agreed to come here what would he have done? He surely had something up his sleeve for that.

"Hmm. Who knows?"

I see. He has no intention of telling me.

"I'll be back in ten minutes."

Saying that he headed towards the rooftop.

Only I and Horikita were present there.

"Why did you come here, Horikita?"

I asked the boy standing beside me.

"I had some sort of arrangement with him."

"And you have no intention of telling what that arrangement is, right?"

He spoke nothing, affirming what I had said just now.

There was something bugging me from the moment Horikita had appeared here and I decided to ask him just that.

"Horikita. How did you get in touch with Ayanokoji?"

"Through my little sister."

"Don't lie. I know well what sort of relationship you two siblings have."

 "Yes. Although you can say that we aren't exactly on good terms, it is, however, true that Suzune was the thread that established the link between us."

He stated in his usual tone and I couldn't find any dishonesty from him.

"Why did you decide to make an agreement with Ayanokoji?"

"Whatever are you trying to imply by that?"

"Don't play dumb."

He knew what I was trying to ask.

Horikita was an extremely talented student even for this school. His academics and physical abilities all were brilliant. He even managed to become the Student Council President and was respected by classmates and juniors alike.

So, the question was why exactly such a brilliant student decide to join hands with Ayanokoji?

I knew that he was not your average high school student.

But was he really someone that brilliant that even the excellent Horikita wanted on his side?

I kept looking at his eyes searching for the answers to my questions but as expected I couldn't find any.

The sound of someone screaming reached the dead silent stairs, echoing eerily.

The scream was filled with pain and it wasn't Ayanokoji. That definitely meant that fight had already broken out and the one doing the beating was without a doubt Ayanokoji.

After about five minutes the sounds disappeared completely and silence overcame once again.

"It seems like you have underestimated your student."

After the sound completely died out, Horikita spoke to me.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You haven't realized what Ayanokoji is capable of. Even I don't know the extent of his powers. He is like an abyss, the deepest and the darkest you would ever find. And unlike the others, this abyss won't look back at you but instead devour you."

It was the first time I had ever seen him speak of someone so highly.

I knew that he wasn't you run-of-the-mill high school student. He had an eerie side to him and it was honestly unnerving. 

However, there was a reason why I didn't know much about the extent of his abilities. No, it might be correct to say I didn't want to.

I was scared. I was scared to stare at the abyss of his abilities. Just as Horikita had just said, I felt like the darkness would devour me the instant I tried to look at it.

When those thoughts were running on my mind, I saw a figure slowly descend the stairs.

It was Karuizawa Kei.

She was wet from head to toes. It was easy to deduce that Ryuuen and his classmates had done that to her.

But I just stood there and watched her. I did nothing nor did Horikita did anything.

"We are acting on Ayanokoji's order."

Karuizawa who was acting a bit wary immediately relaxed after hearing Ayanokoji's name.

Karuizawa just gave us one single glance and headed down the stairs.  

After a while, Ayanokoji came as well. He spoke nothing and left together with Horikita.

But before leaving he looked at me once. 

It was implying that I had to take care of the rest. 

I called the homeroom teacher for Class C and headed towards the rooftop.

I couldn't hide the chill in my bones when I saw what was on the rooftop.

Ryuuen and his classmates, including the muscular Albert, were all injured.

All of them were injured quite badly and there wasn't any need to say who did this.

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka.

He had single-handedly defeated them without so much as a scratch on his body.

Today I have finally realized.

I had been saved. 

I was at his mercy.

Without knowing anything about what sort of existence he was, I had tried to threaten him to work to reach Class A.

I now knew how foolish I had been.

I recalled all the actions I had taken till now and tried to use him and realized it all over again.

It was nothing but utter idiocy on my part.

Note:

I remember someone asking me to write an SS regarding the conversation between Manabu and Sae from Volume 7 and tried writing. I don't know if I have managed to meet your expectations but I hope you will find it to your liking at least.