6 pt.1: Welcome to London (And Diagon Alley)

Comenzar desde el principio

I liked Lilian already. She was pretty savage, actually.

Finally, she grabbed a little bowl that had some pink powder inside. I immediately recognized it as floo powder and got super excited.

"Do you know the procedure?" she asked.

"Yep," I said with my usual confident expression.

"Diagon Alley!" She yelled. Throwing the powder into the flames, she walked in.

Wait a minute. This is an apartment. Why in the geronimosa was there a freakin FIREPLACE? Eh, whatever.

"Diagon Alley!" I yelled repeating what Lilian did.

FWOOOOOSHHH! What the heck is this? Flooing is such a weird experience, but I like it anyways. Suddenly, I walked out of a fireplace and was met by Lilan who was thankfully there waiting for me.

See? I'm already off to a better thought than Harry! I smiled in satisfaction as we walked out onto Diagon Alley.

Diagon Alley is literally so cool. Like, so, so, cool.

"Well," Lilian said, "Let's go shopping!" We walked into the first clothes store we found and I was shocked to see all the robes and stuff that was flying around.

"Welcome to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions!" A nice woman yelled from behind a rack of robes. "Is there anything I can get for you?" she asked us.

"Why hello to you too Janette, my dear friend," Lilian said with a chuckle as the woman nearly jumped around the rack to see Lilian, and gave her friend a big hug.

"Lili! It's about time you show up! You didn't answer my owls!" the woman I assumed to be Janette said as she playfully scolded Lilian. Lilian gave her a serious smile and said, "I've been busy with...things.." Her eyes flickered to me, and I stepped forward.

"Uhh, sup...." I said, getting the woman's attention and giving a weak wave. Her eyes widened. "Is this the girl?" she asked Lilian with an excited smile. Lilian returned the smile and nodded.

"Jan, this is Draeka Malfae, the daughter of our dear Luci," she said, with happy tears starting to form in her eyes. Janette put her hands on her cheeks with eyes doing the same thing as she stared at me like I was the most precious and valuable thing in the world. Suddenly, I felt the ground disappear from under my feet as she picked me up and spun me around. UHHHH OKayyy then. I just had to smile awkwardly until she put me down again. A tear fell from her green eye as she smiled bigger than I thought to be possible.

"I don't believe it, you look so much like your mother, and you have your father's eyes!" she said pulling out a handkerchief and wiping away her tears, pulling herself back together. Lilian gave out another little chuckle, "I couldn't believe the resemblance myself, but we came here today for another reason. This girl is going to start her first year in Hogwarts, and she has nothing to wear....literally."

I laughed. "Yea, she literally just took one look at my clothes and decided they were so awful that she threw them all into the flames." Lilian just blushed a little.

"Hogwarts? Ah yes, for that you really would need something more..." Janette paused as she looked me up and down, from my falling apart converse, up to my very old oversized hoodie. "wizardly..." she finished nodding to herself agreeing that was the nicest way to describe my clothing.

"Madam Malkin! We have a special customer!" she said, pulling me to the back of the shop. On our way, I noticed a man with long, platinum hair passing us with a boy about my age, not getting a peek of their faces.

"Goodbye, sir! I look forward to seeing you again soon!" a short woman wearing purple robes said, waving at them. They did nothing to acknowledge her before the man slammed the door behind him. What was his problem? I just shook my head and rolled my eyes before I was greeted by Madam Malkin.

"Why hello, dear! Hogwarts, I assume?" she asked me before helping me onto a stool. I nodded yes until I realized I should probably tell her that I was not just here for 3 black robes as Hogwarts required.

"Uhhhh..well you see, I actually need-" I was cut off by Janette who had just returned us with a boxful of many-colored fabrics. "An entire wardrobe!" she chirped. Madam Malkin raised an eyebrow at me after noticing my clothing and displayed a mischievous smile. "Yea... I hope it's not too much for right now..." I said guiltily, not warning this poor woman to have to make my entire wardrobe of robes in one sitting.

"Nonsense, nonsense," she said using her wand to prop up my chin and raise my arms up. "It is my job, after all!"

We got straight to it, starting with Madam Malkin and Janette using magic to measure me and drape fabrics over my body.

"Hmmmmmm, very, very unique figure! Long legs, pinched waist, tall, broad sloped shoulders, big head! Oh, and very long arms...." she said, rubbing her chin in contemplation.

I looked down at my arms a little self-consciously and frowned. Janette smirked and gave me a half-teasing, half-reassuring nod. "Just like her mother," she said as she giggled with Lilian.

"Is that so? Your mother must be very beautiful." Madam Malkin said, making me blush a little bit. "This is a very peculiar case, but no matter! I will make your features visibly flourish!"

Ok, what does that even mean? Anyways, during the whole fitting thing, they asked me to move into, like fifty different positions. One arm up! Bend over! Stand on your tippy-toes! Squat down! Arch back! Ok! Now touch your toes! I smirked slightly before I reached all the way down to my toes and buried my chest into my knees.

"Woah, flexible..." I heard Janette whisper. HEHEhehe...I do have quite the flexibility. Finally, after pins were placed, and magic was done, we left the shop with far too many bags, thanking Janette and Madam Malkin, promising we would come back soon, unlike those incorrigible stuck-ups from before.  

A/N: HEyyyyyy come back tomorrow for part 2! Did you catch a certain father and son in this chapter?  TEe HeE ITs ABOUT TO GET GOOOOD