epilogue.

EPILOGUE.

"norah, what the hell are you doing?! you're going to break your finger!" marco shrieks.

she huffs, throwing the hammer down. "i'm done, i don't care. screw this stupid ikea coffee table." she flips off the broken pieces of wood beneath her.

yes, norah was so stressed out that she was now apparently flipping off inanimate objects. we've all been there.

the young and happy couple were absolutely exhausted. they had been moving into their new los angeles apartment since the early morning, and it was now around midnight.

they had been dreaming of getting a place together after freshman year of college. and the time had finally come. only, they never realized how long the process would be.

norah was excited about the decorating, because it wasn't the friend zone she was going to be decorating. it was the room she would share with the boy she has been in love with for eight years now. but they still needed to collect the necessities like silverware and an impossible to set ikea table.

"okay, let's not throw hammers around," he says calmly. "and yeah, you're right, this is useless."

norah looks up at her boyfriend and lets out a delirious laugh, snatching the instruction manual from his grasp and crawling on his lap to straddle him. "forget about the coffee table," she whispers, locking her arms around his neck.

he smirks, running his hands up her thighs that were rested on his sides. his palm settle just below the her bottom, where her pajama shorts were cut off.

"well, what else would we do at midnight, hm? do you happen to have something in mind?" he quizzes, raising a brow, though he knew exactly what she had in mind. actually, he'd been thinking about it ever since she changed into her pajama shorts.

she leans down, placing her lips right beside his ear. "i was thinking," she placed a kiss below his earlobe. "we could," another kiss on his jaw. "go to our bedroom and," and when she was inches away from his lips, she teases, "sleep." she pulls away from her boyfriend and stands up.

he whines, "i wanted a kiss."

she laughs, reaching out a hand to pull him up from the floor. "c'mon you big baby."

he huffs, getting on his feet. the curly-haired smirks, following behind his girlfriend down the hall of there unfinished apartment.

she releases a gasp when he abruptly pull hers backwards, wrapping his arms on her waist. to her delight, his lips swiftly attaches to her own.

she smiles into the kiss, but hums when his hand goes lower that their original position.

pulling away, he smiled at the nineteen year old. "i love you so much, elanorah." he confesses, tucking a strand of hair that fell from her low ponytail.

her cheeks flush, just like they always do when he says those three words.

the words she'd dreamt of falling from his lips since she was twelve and he was only her best friend. who would've thought it'd only take six years of friendship to finally get his shit together?

nessa, that's who -- well, at least that's what she claimed she always knew.

feeling his eyes on her, awaiting her response, she smirks. "then why don't you show me?"

he raised an eyebrow, silently asking if she was serious, which she replied with a smile. again, he attached his lips on hers, gripping the back of her legs to hold in his arms.

she let out an infectious laugh hen he carried her into their bedroom, which currently only consisted of a bed and an array of boxes, before releasing her on the mattress.

man, she was so happy. no longer was she the heartbroken teenager who had to suffer with unrequited love. no longer was she the lovesick girl, hiding her feelings from anybody and everybody.

she was now unapologetically with the boy she still calls her best friend.

gone was the lovelorn girl, and here remained a woman who finally got back what she deserved: love.

and as for the boy hovering above her, placing soft kisses on her neck? he was one thing, and that was hers.

and the best friends lived sappily ever after.

THE END.

** * *

thank you. thank you. thank you so much for reading xx.